No announcement yet.

J6UK's TUCA... my first thoughts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's me down to a tee I'm trying to work on slowing everything down on the shot and keeping my cool. Play a bit more like I do on a pool table.

Comment

• yep slow it all down, your time at the table is yours no need to rush.

Comment

• Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
        maybe your more prone to smash-in a mad one land perfect on the black and miss, is that closer?

Watch out for the one after a good one...

Comment

• A just ordered a set of these so all be on the worktop soon making lots of tee and going through the cue ball
          Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

• Originally Posted by Snooker man Stevie View Post
            A just ordered a set of these so all be on the worktop soon making lots of tee and going through the cue ball
            It's harder than what it looks Stevie, especially the 12 mill one, you will realise how well Jason cues when you do it yourself.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

• It is very difficult. Every time I think I've cracked it I'll come back and ping it across the room again.

Comment

• Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                It's harder than what it looks Stevie, especially the 12 mill one, you will realise how well Jason cues when you do it yourself.
                Yes it will be i think did you get a set aswell
                Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

• Originally Posted by Snooker man Stevie View Post
                  Yes it will be i think did you get a set aswell
                  Had mine for ages mate, use it all the time. The only trouble I have with it is I use a ten mill tip so the cue gets stuck a lot in the hole

Comment

• Did you find the TUCA helped with your game on the table INE?

I seem to have it pretty much cracked, but I'm a bit of a dipper at times, I can tell because the hole in the cardboard is becoming an oval I've been trying to copy J6 and most pro's hand position at the first address, you can see they have all of their hands in contact with the cue, so when they deliver it they should still be in contact, Barry Stark seemed to think this gives good timing. I'd been getting too loose with my grip, cue almost just resting on my fingers.

Comment

• The short answer is definitely Jonny, I started off really slowly, untill I knew I could go in and out on a level plane before I increased the speed. I took note of where my hand has to finish when I did it slowly so my brain would find that spot for me when I went a bit quicker.
                      My grip,opens and closes as I go back and forward, I posted a thread about where the shot power comes from and J put up a video it's a bit exaggerated to make a point but his grip opens and closes quite a lot as he has quite a long backswing( I do aswell) if you watch his YouTube cue reviews you will see his grip, well worth watching, my back three fingers are the bane of my life lol, I try and keep them out of things. Keeping your cue on a level plane is quite important ,might be worth a try slowing it down and taking close note what the shot feels like at the end with the cue staying on the same plane. Jason will have better advice than me, but I would do that and keep my elbow still at the back end .
                      Sorry I misunderstood, yes all my fingers are around the cue at the time of address, they the unfurl as I come back and close again as I come forward.
                      Last edited by itsnoteasy; 17 October 2016, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• That's what I'm working on, my heads going, hand hand hand hand, on the backswing and, elbow elbow elbow elbow, on the delivery Seems to work more often than not.

Comment

• It's really hard to take it on to the table as you just can't think about stuff and play well,but it will come where you just play but the TUCA practice has become your cue action and you don't notice, if you really stick with it.

Comment

• That's the result I'm hoping for.

Comment

• Stick with it Jonny, I feel a lot of folk try things for ten minutes, don't knock in a ton next time at the table so just bin it , it takes a long time, with peaks and troughs and then more practice lol.

Comment

• Very interested in a set of these, however I can't seem to PM him? Is there a minimum amount of posts made before this feature is accessible?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X