Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello..from New Zealand

Hello peoples,

Registered for this forum a few months ago while I was on my cue hunting quest and found some very very useful Information here. Since I stole so much of u people's knowledge, thought it would only be polite to introduce myself.

My name is Johnny, originally from Malaysia but somehow ended up in NewZealand years ago. Anyways, I have been playing American 8/9 ball for 6-7 years and I started playing snooker this year. I've always felt more of a connection to snooker even before I started playing, but nobody at my club...or hardly anyone in the country plays it so I didn't give it much of a thought. But at the start of this year I decided to have a game of snooker and after my first successful pot (which took about 30min.....==) I was in love with the game....quit American pool since then.

My first snooker cue will be arriving next week...it will most probably not be "The one", but hopefully it will get me ready until the day The One turns up........
    god..I need a life @@................................................ ..........,,,oh wait ..who cares, I've got SNOOKER!!!
    Keep practising, keep focus, enjoy the game you love

welcome to TSF

you would not happen to know the name (and details) of the metal case maker that does custom orders?
    saw a mention to this person (company?) some time ago but not been able to find anything useful
    Last edited by DeanH; 10 October 2016, 01:50 PM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Mmmmm...nope sorry, can't recall seeing anything like that

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        welcome to TSF

you would not happen to know the name (and details) of the metal case maker that does custom orders?
        saw a mention to this person (company?) some time ago but not been able to find anything useful
        I think you are looking for Arthur King. Pm me if you still want his contact.

Comment

Welcome to TSF Johnny .

Which make of cue did you go for ?
          Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
            Welcome to TSF Johnny .

Which make of cue did you go for ?
            I ordered a master cue, Ronnie's replica, was £189shipped to no, from snookercues.com, or bluemoon leisure, any thoughts on this cue or other master cues?

I only bought this cue because I need a cue I can play with straight away in between the waiting time for a custom cue and I thought Ronnie's model is something worth keeping lol, I'll be ordering a ton praram beyond or black bone in the next couple of months.

Comment

Originally Posted by J.Lee View Post
              I ordered a master cue, Ronnie's replica, was £189shipped to no, from snookercues.com, or bluemoon leisure, any thoughts on this cue or other master cues?

I only bought this cue because I need a cue I can play with straight away in between the waiting time for a custom cue and I thought Ronnie's model is something worth keeping lol, I'll be ordering a ton praram beyond or black bone in the next couple of months.
              Hi J,
              Where do you play?

Comment

Originally Posted by dottcom View Post
                Hi J,
                Where do you play?
                Hamilton, u from NZ too?

Comment

Amazing country, NZ. Played in a few places - Christchurch, Queenstown, Wellington, Auckland, franz Joseph glacier, even mt cook...won a hundred dollar comp in lake te anau, i think, which was nice...

The exchange rate was insane when i was there, over 3 dollars to the pound, so remember getting 2 hours table time and 2 pints for a little over a fiver at a pool hall in Christchurch.

Shame it's so damn far away...it's not even that close to Australia.

Comment

Hamilton, u from NZ too?
                    Auckland

Comment

Originally Posted by Hello, Mr Big Shot View Post
                      Amazing country, NZ. Played in a few places - Christchurch, Queenstown, Wellington, Auckland, franz Joseph glacier, even mt cook...won a hundred dollar comp in lake te anau, i think, which was nice...

The exchange rate was insane when i was there, over 3 dollars to the pound, so remember getting 2 hours table time and 2 pints for a little over a fiver at a pool hall in Christchurch.

Shame it's so damn far away...it's not even that close to Australia.
                      It is a beautiful country ...but nothing to do though, haha

Over 3dollars per pound wow...must've been quite a while ago, it only like 1.7 plus now...luckily enough for me

Comment

Originally Posted by dottcom View Post
                        Auckland
                        Oh really, might be able to give u a game or something when I go over to Auckland, and steal some tips off you too haha

Comment

It is a beautiful country ...but nothing to do though, haha

Over 3dollars per pound wow...must've been quite a while ago, it only like 1.7 plus now...luckily enough for me
                          Yeah, 2007. Got 2.5 aus, 73 thai baht, God, they were the days. Stuck here now.

What do you mean nothing to do? In a place where men are men and sheep are worried?

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                            welcome to TSF

Either Arthur King or Colin Evans make these cases

Comment

Working...
                            X