• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wright Cues

Beautiful workshop - yes but as Reg said it is brand new
    What it will look like after working on several cues? :biggrin:
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

I was wondering what the waste pipe was sticking out of the marine ply on the work surface, intriguing.

I was guessing at something that sucks up the dust or maybe like the ships when they used to shout up to the kitchen to bring the tea down![/QUOTE]
      Hahaha dust extraction my friend. Those fine particles are a killer
      "Wright Cues"
      Cues made to your specification, giving you the confidence in your cue
      http://www.wrightcues.co.uk
      reg@wrightcues.co.uk

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
        Beautiful workshop - yes but as Reg said it is brand new
        What it will look like after working on several cues? :biggrin:
        It's still clean. Well nearly lol
        "Wright Cues"
        Cues made to your specification, giving you the confidence in your cue
        http://www.wrightcues.co.uk
        reg@wrightcues.co.uk

Comment

Originally Posted by Wright Cues View Post
          I was wondering what the waste pipe was sticking out of the marine ply on the work surface, intriguing.

I was guessing at something that sucks up the dust or maybe like the ships when they used to shout up to the kitchen to bring the tea down!
          Hahaha dust extraction my friend. Those fine particles are a killer[/QUOTE]

I like the idea Reg.

I'm after a dust extractor for when I'm tinkering. I may adopt something similar to yours to connect to it when I find the right model. I've been trying to explain the different size particles to my nipper regarding hardwood dust as he's a chippy.

These things can catch you up and the hardwood stuff is a little more dangerous than some people realise.

Nice set up.
          Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
          Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
          Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

I have just been in contact with Reg or Rights Cues & he is very good to communicate with, I recommend his service!

Comment

Hi all, are chevrons on a cue a sign of a better quality piece of ash, or is it just the way the wood is cut? It's just that I recently paid to have a cue hand made for me and I did request that it have chevrons as I like the look of them. The cue maker said he'd try but that it would depend on the piece of wood he acquired. He's not one of the well known cue makers but he did used to work with, and is good friends with one of them, so he knows what he's doing. In fact I was told by others that his cues are as good as any other but are a bit cheaper as he only makes them occasionally in his spare time. Anyway I now have the cue and it does seem very nice but it doesn't have the chevrons I requested. I didn't want to say anything at the time because I didn't want to insult him or anything. Any opinions or advice would be very gratefully received. Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by snookeredred View Post
                Hi all, are chevrons on a cue a sign of a better quality piece of ash, or is it just the way the wood is cut? It's just that I recently paid to have a cue hand made for me and I did request that it have chevrons as I like the look of them. The cue maker said he'd try but that it would depend on the piece of wood he acquired. He's not one of the well known cue makers but he did used to work with, and is good friends with one of them, so he knows what he's doing. In fact I was told by others that his cues are as good as any other but are a bit cheaper as he only makes them occasionally in his spare time. Anyway I now have the cue and it does seem very nice but it doesn't have the chevrons I requested. I didn't want to say anything at the time because I didn't want to insult him or anything. Any opinions or advice would be very gratefully received. Thanks
                You don't need to post this on every thread you can find !!

Comment

I've only posted it on 2 other threads. Thanks a lot for the helpful reply!

Comment

Always makes me chuckle when I see people asking about chevrons and even spaces...years ago you grabbed a cue off the rack and played with it..a lot of lads nowadays are transfixed with how a cue looks rather than how it plays..every piece of ash plays different no matter what it looks like..the ugliest piece of ash in the world could be the best cue you have ever used.

Comment

Working...
                    X