Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference in money?

Hi all

I'm a snooker player from Belgium, thinking about buying a new cue. I know already which specs I want the cue to have. With different cue sellers available, such as greenbaize, adr147... I'll probably won't wait for having one custom made direct from the maker (waiting lists are pretty big).

What I find interesting is the difference in price between cues made in Thailand (Ton Praram, Maximus...) and in the UK (Trevor White, Exquisite...). I'm pretty experienced and I can't really spot any differences in quality. I don't have the luxery to try cues out in shops, so judging cues on the looks of their grains, specs, is the only way for me to pick a new cue.

At the moment I'm doubting between: Exquisite (green plate, very nice grains, gbp 550), Trevor White (gbp 650) and a Ton Praram ('beyond' with snakewood gbp 425). They al look like quality cues and the specs are very much the same. So my gut feeling tells me to pick the cheapest.

What are your thoughts on this?

Cheers!

Depends what your import taxes are like Kristof. A TP cue at around £450 will possibly be more than a TW at £650 by the time we pay delivery, then import duty on top ( which iirc is 20% of the price of the cue and the delivery added together).
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

I would buy it from the UK.. so no taxes to take into account I believe 👍🏻

Comment

Working...
      X