Video/Kitchen Table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
    What's a table top planer Steve? Is that a an electric plane or a planer thicknesser; wasn't sure...

Similar to this Shockerz, blades are accessible in the slot above that's covered by the guard in this picture. You can either hold an electric planer in your hands, seen Mike Wooldridge and j6 do this on video (so you can slag them off as well splasher) or hold the wood in your hands and pass it over the top of this machine. The latter is easier and more accurate, you can adjust the depth of cut, I use mine for the donkey work, to take the shaft from square to roundish and 5mm over size, and hand plane from there.
    Last edited by vmax4steve; 13 October 2016, 08:39 AM.

Comment

I applaud anyone who will make a cue by hand, just because they love to work with their hands & love snooker!!!
      and who knows for god sake make a few quid some day maybe .....

I don't understand what the problem is (for some) with using electrical tools when it makes a job easier, like getting down to a workable shaft or joints

looking forward to a tread like J6's from you vmax4steve

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
        The guy is a joke. Ask him about why/how he adds 3oz of weight to a great cue. I'll tell you how he does it, drill a 6'' hole in the cue butt and ram the weight in; cue balance ruined. We knows about his methods precious, he's ruined loads of cues.
        Pool cue makers do that as standard, doesn't ruin the balance at all.

Comment

Until I saw the Andy Hunter video of drilling from the side (transversely) and adding several small weights/slugs, I thought all weighted cues were done by drilling longitudinally up the butt (sorry )

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            Until I saw the Andy Hunter video of drilling from the side (transversely) and adding several small weights/slugs, I thought all weighted cues were done by drilling longitudinally up the butt (sorry )

Me too Dean
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post

I do that as well, did that on my two beech cues last week, three 12mm holes plugged with lead, they are now balanced perfectly at the tip of the splices. The problem with drilling up the butt a long way is that it produces a lot of heat which can delaminate the splices, it happened to me once before and I had to re-splice the shaft.
              Of course for a split cue that wouldn't be a problem as it can be done just on the butt piece when the joint is fitted before any decorative splicing.

Comment

Little update. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LW3EeIoyZKg

I know you can't see my feet, but I'm standing a bit like Jayson Shaw. While I guess it would be considered a hybrid stance, I noticed he's opposite eyed like me, and it seems to help keep everything aligned properly.

The other two things I focused on the most were

1. Bringing the grip hand up just a bit in order to shorten the bridge length. This helps with dropping the elbow on the backswing. It still drops, but I don't think it's as bad.

2. Keeping the cue on my chin throughout the entirety of the stroke.

Comment

Working...
                X