Johnathan Lonergan cue review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnathan Lonergan cue review

I bought a cue from Johnathan Lonergan and am very happy with it so I thought I'd write a review. I was asking for something specific, with a high balance point and it's worked out very well. It's a beauty of a cue, the snakewood looks great with the maple veneers. It plays very well too. I cut it down from 57.5 inches to 55 inches. It's 17.9oz with a 9.4mm tip. I'll add pics, but just working out again how to do that.

Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
    I bought a cue from Johnathan Lonergan and am very happy with it so I thought I'd write a review. I was asking for something specific, with a high balance point and it's worked out very well. It's a beauty of a cue, the snakewood looks great with the maple veneers. It plays very well too. I cut it down from 57.5 inches to 55 inches. It's 17.9oz with a 9.4mm tip. I'll add pics, but just working out again how to do that.
    Add the pics to photo bucket and paste the img files into your post.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

He makes a good cue and knows his stuff.

Comment

Last edited by jamesg19851; 21 October 2016, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by nuts00 View Post
          He makes a good cue and knows his stuff.
          Yes, his cues are very nice, and was easy to talk to about specs and stuff.

Comment

Yes, his cues are very nice, and was easy to talk to about specs and stuff.
            Cue looks beautiful - but does that cloth need some miracle grow?
            ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by Cue crafty View Post
              Cue looks beautiful - but does that cloth need some miracle grow?
              Yeah, very happy with the cue. Ha, yes it's just a small pool table. It has had the same cloth on for more than 15 years, so really needs a new cloth! As it's such a small table and I'm playing more snooker now I'm not sure whether to get it done or not, if it's not too expensive perhaps.
              Last edited by jamesg19851; 21 October 2016, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Yes am sure he is on hear or at least he was a while back his cues looked nice
                Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

Hi mate, having met up for a game I agree cue looks great. As you are not too tall a can see how you need a shorter cue than usual. Just wondered the reasoning behind having a high balance point rather than just let cue builder decide the balance.

Comment

Yeah, very happy with the cue. Ha, yes it's just a small pool table. It has had the same cloth on for more than 15 years, so really needs a new cloth! As it's such a small table and I'm playing more snooker now I'm not sure whether to get it done or not, if it's not too expensive perhaps.
                    Yes indeed, can understand that - I've got a full size pool/dinning table at home but having got serious about snooker again this year I'm now not keen on using it. Seems to mess with all the angles in my head. Most likely just me though lol.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Originally Posted by markz View Post
                      Hi mate, having met up for a game I agree cue looks great. As you are not too tall a can see how you need a shorter cue than usual. Just wondered the reasoning behind having a high balance point rather than just let cue builder decide the balance.
                      My thought was that even with a 55 inch cue, I hold the cue quite far up the butt, so the balance point would have to compensate for that. To be honest I was probably over thinking things and it wouldn't matter too much, but it's worked out fine. If I was getting another cue, I'd just get a 57 inch cue with a normal balance point that was maybe a bit lighter and then have two inches cut off.

I think it's easy to go round in circles with cues, and I was a bit obsessed with balance points at one stage! It's worked out ok though, only thing I'd like to try is a lighter cue, around 17 ounces.

I'd like a trip to Greenbaize sometime.
                      Last edited by jamesg19851; 22 October 2016, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Did he not also make a cue first Ding aswell as other cue makers
                        Ton Praram cue series 1 ash shaft Burwood and ebony splices with maple vaneres 58.9.5.29.4.18oz 18 BP

Comment

Working...
                        X