Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Altering cue length affects cue balance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Altering cue length affects cue balance?

My cue's ferrule is just under 9mm. So having the cue shortened by just over an inch ( to accommodate the move to a 9.5mm ferrule ).

At the same time, having the 'lost length from the shaft added into the butt. Would this drastically affect the balance of the cue? I'm thinking even if it did, the difference would not be that bad to give the cue a whole different 'feel' ?

Thank you for your help in advance.

The balance of the cue, if you like a high balanced cue, will improve. The BP may move a bit up the butt. Butt it won't be much, maybe mms. If the weight in the cue remains the same, as a cue gets shorter, the balance improves. Unless you like cue handle heavy with a low BP? What's the current BP?

Comment

I think I'll be ok then ( TBH I have no idea! ), it just 'feels good'. So if you say it won't change by much, that's good enough for me Splasher!

Comment

U might notice if you can a decrease of 2 grams and balance point moving backwards by a mm at most so for all intents stays virtually the same

Comment

Good to know, thank you Sanman.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big Splash! View Post
            The balance of the cue, if you like a high balanced cue, will improve. The BP may move a bit up the butt. Butt it won't be much, maybe mms. If the weight in the cue remains the same, as a cue gets shorter, the balance improves.?
            You were right! The cue's balance is so much better now!

Comment

Working...
            X