Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richy McDonald Mac No 070 ash cue. Beautiful example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2324058840...84.m1555.l2649

You won't find a better ash cue for this sort of money.

Grab yourself a bargain whilst you can.

£360 delivered to uk

Richy's work is excellent. Great cue maker .

lovely design !!

Comment

Totally agree mate. Very good value for money.

Comment

Very tempting indeed. How do these compare in playability? How old are they both?

Comment

Which of the three macs are you referring to as Both ? no 69,70 or 71

Comment

The 2 Ash cues mentioned in this post and the other thread - no 69 and 70.

I don't know much about this maker at all - these plates are black but ADR147 is selling some white plated cues with black writing - what is the difference in wood quality? Do these white/black plates signify quality or anything?

Do you have any more info on the cue maker? How do these cues compare to the likes of Hunt and JP?

I'm learning, so have patience with me!

Comment

nice looking cue..apart from the cheap ash shaft..dont look good at all. Jus my opinion. and just for the record i have owned a mac cue b4 and i could not fault it.

thanks
              Not played for 3 years and itching for a game....11-3-2017.

Comment

Originally Posted by warren132 View Post
                nice looking cue..apart from the cheap ash shaft..dont look good at all. Jus my opinion. and just for the record i have owned a mac cue b4 and i could not fault it.

thanks
                What do you mean by "cheap ash shaft" ?

Comment

It does look cheap on this cue lol for comparison parris would charge 1.5k for it and add you onto 48 month waiting list.

Comment

I'm still interested, but curious about the answers to my questions in the previous post...

Comment

thanks
                      What does an expensive shaft look like then Warren I'm just curious?

Comment

Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
                        The 2 Ash cues mentioned in this post and the other thread - no 69 and 70.

I don't know much about this maker at all - these plates are black but ADR147 is selling some white plated cues with black writing - what is the difference in wood quality? Do these white/black plates signify quality or anything?

Do you have any more info on the cue maker? How do these cues compare to the likes of Hunt and JP?

I'm learning, so have patience with me!
                        These cues are of the very high quality and are in no way lesser then of those like John Parris , Stamford, Trevor an so on and so forth. I've owned few JP ultimates, Trevor white, Stamford , Tyrone, Robert Osbourne etc and Mac cues are right there with the Big Boys when it comes to craftsmanship and quality of materials. Playability wise I can't fault it although it's purely subjective thing as every player have a different preference when it comes to the feel of the cue. The only way to find out what's best for you is to try few cues out and then see what traits of the cue are best suited to your style of play.
                        Last edited by 147alltheway; 13 July 2017, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by Triedandtested View Post
                          What does an expensive shaft look like then Warren I'm just curious?
                          Hard to say really..i just think that todays cheap ash shafts have no feel and the just dont look right unless you spend good money for good wood. Go compare this shaft to a shaft from raymond from excuisite cues or jason owen for that matter.

Comment

Hard to say really..i just think that todays cheap ash shafts have no feel and the just dont look right unless you spend good money for good wood. Go compare this shaft to a shaft from raymond from excuisite cues or jason owen for that matter.
                            And how can you tell how it will feel by looking at it?

Comment

Originally Posted by blahblah01 View Post
                              And how can you tell how it will feel by looking at it?
                              Unless you know what to look for then theres no way i can explain to you sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X