147 Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
    But you also have to have the ability to make the most of having a nice piece of wood. I've seen it countless times in my years in racing where people couldn't make the most of their equipment. You've got that ability by the bucket load. Keep putting those vids up. They're a real pleasure for me to watch. Very educational.
    Agreed, Jasons got a lovely technique to learn from.

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
      Agreed, Jasons got a lovely technique to learn from.
      I see it in your cue action as well or for that matter with every player of your standards. It's this maximum results with minimal effort thing which to me is a bit like the holy grail. I'd have to hit it twice as hard to get half of that action on the cue ball. Thats why i love watching those videos. It shows everything. Watching it on tv they concentrate too much on the balls and the pockets. You hardly ever see a shot of the cue action of the player.
      Last edited by rimmer10; 11 February 2018, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally Posted by rimmer10 View Post
        I see it in your cue action as well or for that matter with every player of your standards. It's this maximum results with minimal effort thing which to me is a bit like the holy grail. I'd have to hit it twice as hard to get half of that action on the cue ball. Thats why i love watching those videos. It shows everything. Watching it on tv they concentrate too much on the balls and the pockets. You hardly ever see a shot of the cue action of the player.
        Cheers for that mate. And yea I know what you mean, I've thought the same thing about the camera angles in the past. Wish they would show more of the players grips and feathering rather than always showing the ball rolling towards pocket....need to mix it up a little more.

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
          tested a couple maple shafts for a commiisson piece this morning, and seeing as i have a new tip on my cue i though i would join in the funn..

5:25 I know it's coming...

Comment

Working...
          X