No announcement yet.

Best Cuemaker for your money

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree on the Predator Revo , its a very solid hit but again too big not worth the money for fibreglass, you could buy a cuetec and get the same result at a fraction of the price. The thing is ,I just cannot see the ball with anything bigger than a 9.5 mm tip it feels like I'm playing with a blunderbuss ...when i do .
    I'll post a review when I get Mike Wolldridge's Vintage, I think with everything I've read I should be fine ...in the worst case I'll need to have 2 cues all the time so if one cracks I can play with the other.
    To Ninja.cues post he might very well be right,it might very well be the ebony has not dried out because both cracks are in the ebony.
    To Anish 147's post I do have a Jason Owen one piece and it is just fine , the only problem is its light at 18 0z ...so it might very well be just the joint again.
    On Another note I will be posting both my Jason Owen 1 Piece 18oz 9.5 mmcue with Bocote wood splicing on ebay and the Parris Custom Paragon wood on Ebay once its refinished by MW, if any of you are interested I could post them on this forum all I want is what I paid for them I think, so someone else can use these cues. I'm not sure if you are allowed to, but if you are I could.
    Thanks everyone for the replies, I appreciate it ...

Comment

Abban reddy. Goes by A&R CUES. I started playing at 8 and my dad uses the cue he made me back then (1996) and still as straight as ever and never a problem. I'm using a 1 piece at the moment ash shaft and cocobolo butt. But I'm getting a 3/4 joint rosewood butt and ash shaft made.

Comment

Have seen a couple of Abbans cues and they were lovely, he's been discussed on here a few times, very good value, very well known over the water but not so much here.

Originally Posted by Darren88 View Post
        Abban reddy. Goes by A&R CUES. I started playing at 8 and my dad uses the cue he made me back then (1996) and still as straight as ever and never a problem. I'm using a 1 piece at the moment ash shaft and cocobolo butt. But I'm getting a 3/4 joint rosewood butt and ash shaft made.

Comment

Yeah he is brilliant at what he does. He only lives 10min away from me. alot of the top amateurs and few former Irish pros use his cues. And he is quick too. I'd had shots with parris cues and I think abbans are better never any problems with his joints or anything. I can send a number on if u want

Comment

Yes I've only heard good things about his cues- contemplated getting one of his but decided to stick to my Wooldridge- I know Wexford very well and spent many days and nights in the 147 club in town :-)

Originally Posted by Darren88 View Post
            Yeah he is brilliant at what he does. He only lives 10min away from me. alot of the top amateurs and few former Irish pros use his cues. And he is quick too. I'd had shots with parris cues and I think abbans are better never any problems with his joints or anything. I can send a number on if u want

Comment

ah right haha. the 147 is now gone. snooker in wexford now is at the st.joseohs community centre. 10min away from where the 147 was. 5 tables and it's €6 an hour

Comment

i heard it had gone, real shame as quite a decent Snooker/pool club, Wexford used to have a few clubs in the town, just shows what a dying game it is..... I know the community centre just up from Brownes pub, never knew they had snooker tables in there but then again haven't been to Wexford for a while.

Comment

Working...
                X