• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's the first time i've seen Jan Verhaas wear glasses
    sigpic
    Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli

Comment

• Sad to see Maguire lose and Ronnie win, but it was not surprising in the least. It was a typical Maguire-match.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Stony152 View Post
        The number #1 and #2 seeds haven't met in a final at the crucible in over 30 years. In fact the Math says that it should happen very rarely. Let's give each of them a 70% chance of winning their first round match. 65% in the second, 60% in the quarters, and 55% in the semis.

The odds of them winning those eight matches to meet in the final are......

0.70*0.70*0.65*0.65*0.60*0.60*0.55*0.55 = 0.023 = 2.3% chance is once every 44 years

That seems about right. Even if Selby and O'Sullivan were both 80% to win it was 0.20*0.20 = 0.040 =4% chance that they both lose. Much much better chance than lightning striking you or winning the lottery.
        Very insightful math.I guess it is because snooker is such a sport where its much easier to lose by everyone.Even if one is superior player, if its not his day and the opponent is inspired, the opponent can easily win.
        In tennis its obviously not like that.Ferrer never manages to defeat Federer for example and Nadal is unbeatable on the clay and gets into finals every time

Comment

• Oh, calm down, Peter!

Yes it's been a good match, but get a grip!
          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• That was good entertainment all the way. :smile: I never look forward to the nightmare pairing, but it's good that we'll get it out of the way as early as the 2nd round. :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
              I never look forward to the nightmare pairing [...]
              And that would be?
              "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                And that would be?
                O'Sullivan against Carter. :wink:

Comment

• Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                  O'Sullivan against Carter. :wink:
                  Ah! That's who he meets next, is it?

Comment

• Lyu Haotian's good to watch

Comment

• I can't watch the Haotian Fu match on bbc which is annoying.

Comment

• Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
                        I can't watch the Haotian Fu match on bbc which is annoying.
                        Don't know which country you're in, but the snooker's due to start in 5 minutes on the Red Button (and/or channel 980 if you have Sky).

Don't know which match they're planning to show, though.

Comment

• Why in the name of all that is holy are they showing a repeat of the Matthew Steven's match??

Tell me it's because there's no live snooker for some reason.

ETA: I think I'm losing the friggin plot! I think this is live. I was under the impression this match was done and dusted yesterday.
                          Last edited by Billy; 22 April 2018, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                            Why in the name of all that is holy are they showing a repeat of the Matthew Steven's match??

Tell me it's because there's no live snooker for some reason.
                            Repeat?
                            This is live
                            First round BO19 so two sessions one each day
                            Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Originally Posted by jamesg19851 View Post
                              I can't watch the Haotian Fu match on bbc which is annoying.
                              You can off the BBC website and player

(Regional restrictions apply)
                              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Stevens may as well not have bothered showing up with how he played. Massive underachiever during his career.

Comment

Working...
                                X