Double vision?!?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double vision?!?!?!

I have been reading loads about dominant eye and how to find it to see if my aim is off. The problem I seem to have which I'm sure is naturally is that I see double of everything when I try to focus on something else. For example, when I try to find my dominant eye using the make a triangle method and place an object in the distance in the triangle made with my hands, as soon as I focus on the object in the distance I see 2 triangles. This goes for cueing too. As soon as I focus on either the cue ball or object ball, I see 2 cues in my peripheral vision. At the moment I take a judgement and try to use the middle of the 2 cues I see as the sight line but don't know if this is right.

Get you eyes checked out professionally by seeing an expert and then you can ask him Personally I disagree with dominant eye theory for snooker however if you are convinced you will play better once you sort this out then your best bet is to see a professional.
    Terry Davidson
    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

I experience the same thing, and i believe that's normal when you don't have one dominant eye.
      I agree with Terry on the dominant eye theory. Just make sure you go straight down into the shot, and you'll naturally put the cue on the right point of your chin.

Comment

Originally Posted by Bnutting87 View Post
        This goes for cueing too. As soon as I focus on either the cue ball or object ball, I see 2 cues in my peripheral vision. At the moment I take a judgement and try to use the middle of the 2 cues I see as the sight line but don't know if this is right.
        This is normal, focus on the cue when addressing the cue ball and you'll see only one cue, focus on the cue ball and you'll see two cues in your peripheral vision.
        Your brain will guide you as it knows you're playing snooker and it will flick your eyes focus between the cue ball, object ball and cue without any conscious input from you.
        If you are seeing two cues when looking at the object ball then you're not fully focussing on the object ball and simply sighting with your peripheral vision which is leading to your problems.
        Focus on the individual targets, your natural hand/eye won't work just by looking at the entire picture.
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Thanks for all the comments guys. I think my main problem is focusing on the CB too much when striking it. I have read so much about people lining up completely wrong by not taking a dominant eye into account. I have tried the test of lining up CB, OB and pocket all in a straight line, along with the cue to see where my head/chin should be in relation to the cue. It comes out that for the CB, OB and pocket to be viewed in a straight line for me, the cue has to be smack in the middle of my chin. Is this rare?

Comment

Vmax
            Great quote
            “If you are seeing two cues when looking at the object ball then you're not fully focussing on the object ball and simply sighting with your peripheral vision which is leading to your problems.
            Focus on the individual targets, your natural hand/eye won't work just by looking at the entire picture.”

I now think I don’t pay enough attention to the actual target.
            Cheers Ricky

Original Source: Double vision?!?!?! http://www.thesnookerforum.co.uk/boa...#ixzz5RfAOZtIi
            - TSF - TheSnookerForum.co.uk
            Follow us: @TheSnookerForum on Twitter | TheSnookerForum on Facebook

Cheers Ricky

Comment

Having played league snooker for over 30 years to a decent standard my game is not so good.
              I have always used distance vision contact lenses to play but more recently i switched to multifocal contact lenses. Initially this really worked but now i just get a blurred vision when taking on long shots in particular. I cannot understand why things have changed so dramatically. I have on one occasion switched back to distance lenses but this was no better.
              Has anyone experienced this or have an idea what may be haapening

Comment

Working...
              X