No announcement yet.

Welsh Open 2013 - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well played Stephen Maguire, totally deserved......!!

What a great final, one the best I've watch in ages!!
    Winner of 2011 Masters Fantasy game......
    Winner of 2011 World Championship Fantasy game.......

Comment

• Great final indeed, but Bingham threw it away

Comment

• Yes, great advert for snooker.

Comment

• great final ... enjoyed it .... nbingham is a nice guy .. congrats mags ... it was about time!

Comment

• I think it's wonderful for Maguire...great to see his hunger for it as well. Hope his hand will be ok Incredible final, thoroughly enjoyed it! See y'all in a week time...

Comment

• Well played Maguire and unlucky Bingham. Don't like to see the knuckle banging on the table but each to their own. Great final.
              Always play snooker with a smile on your face...You never know when you'll pot your last ball.

China Open 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.
              Shanghai Masters 2009 Fantasy Game Winner.

Comment

• So happy for Mags here! He was so hungry for a major victory....been way too long of a wait! Well done!!
                And what a great final that was! Plenty of big breaks and drama This is the snooker we like

PS: if only he could master his temperament better, he could be world champ material.....His tendency to make suicidal shots as soon as he gets frustrated is what he's killing him. Hopefully he can overcome that and win more titles because he really has the talent for it...
                Ton Praram III Series 1 | 58" 18.4oz 9.4mm | ash shaft + 4 splices of Brazilian Rosewood | Grand Cue medium tips

Comment

• That was a great final to cap a really entertaining tournament. Well done Mags, about time too.

-
                  The fast and the furious,
                  The slow and labourious,
                  All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Excellent evening of snooker. A bit short of a midnight finish, but I'll take it. :smile:

It's really great to see Maguire winning a ranking event again. I've always considered him as one of the big four players of his generation, along with Selby, Robertson and Murphy, and it was frustrating to see him drop behind the other three in most people's estimation over the last couple of seasons. Hopefully this win will give him back the confidence to challenge for a few more major titles, just like 2007. I guess it's just about being in the right place at the right time sometimes... He played so well in the German Masters and the China Open last season, but just came up short. This week he battled really hard, and even though he backed it up with a bit of form, it wasn't really the devastating snooker we've seen in the past from him, but the chance was there and he took it.

Great victory over his emotions and temperament tonight as well. He tried so hard to win that 13th frame and generally played well from behind, and he didn't let the bad luck get to him. He wasn't so disciplined from in front though, that hit-and-hope snooker escape was ridiculous, and he played it so nonchalantly as well... Could have cost him the match. :wink:

Bingham has certainly played his share of good snooker this week as well, some excellent breaks under pressure, particularly against Ding and Robertson, and even tonight. He just missed a couple too many in the end. But still, he has now firmly established himself in that "second division" of title contenders, along with players like Ding or Maguire, which seemed very unlikely even two seasons ago. :smile:

Looking forward to the World Open now...

Comment

• Wheres cally.. LOL..

And NO i wasn't behind the mayor with spongebob.. the mayor looked stupid didn't he..

Sorry too dissapoint about the streak but they must have been expecting me and they had 'officials' every which way but loose tonight and i just couldn;t get to streak, sure they were watching me..lol... they musta read the forum...

Great final and good solid stuff from mags to take it in the end, he done real well to free the last four reds to clinch it...

Good stuff, enjoyed very much..

I know newport gets a lot of stick and that includes from myself but it's a good venue for snooker it really is, nice and easy to access, great parking on the doorstep of newport centre in the kingsway car park and not too expensive either, first 2 hrs free, upto 5 hours for 2 quid, 5+ plus hours 4 quid, 1 pound for all evening and weekends..

Can't say that about Ally Pally can ya...

Anyways, i for one hope the welsh don't dissapear and keeps coming back for many years to come....
                      (only cos it's 11 miles away from me... )
                      Last edited by cally; 17 February 2013, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
                        ... Sorry too dissapoint about the streak ....

...great parking on the doorstep of newport centre in the kingsway car park and not too expensive either, first 2 hrs free, upto 5 hours for 2 quid, 5+ plus hours 4 quid, 1 pound for all evening and weekends.. ..
                        Bottler
                        Good car park review bud ........................................... lol

Comment

• LOL.. i know, but parking is very important bud...

Comment

• guys this is abit random but for the people who have been following bbc wales coverage and bbc uk coverage a few months ago

does anyone know the music used in the pocket guides to the players

the segment the bbc uses other players talk about a certain player??

thanks if anyone can help

Comment

• Tomorrow (today) sadly a regular working day for me Looking forward to next week snooker in China.

Oh and...'we're only making plans for Nigel...we only want what's best for him'
                              Last edited by daffie; 18 February 2013, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally Posted by cally View Post
                                I know newport gets a lot of stick and that includes from myself but it's a good venue for snooker it really is, nice and easy to access, great parking on the doorstep of newport centre in the kingsway car park and not too expensive either, first 2 hrs free, upto 5 hours for 2 quid, 5+ plus hours 4 quid, 1 pound for all evening and weekends..

Can't say that about Ally Pally can ya...
                                Ally Pally had free parking when I went, and there was a car park attendant there all night, in the snow...
                                "You have to play the game like it means nothing, when in fact it means everything to you" Steve Davis.

Comment

Working...
                                X