Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So New I'm squeaking!

Greetings:

I recently converted pool player from New York, and loving the challenge of moving up to the big table. It is amazing how pure your stroke has to be to make the simplest shots! I am fortunate to have a small club near me that has decent tables. I look forward to developing my game with this forum's insights.

Don

P.S. the "147" in my username is just a dream

Welcome to TSF Don......and you are now playing the right game

How many tables does your club have ? Many members playing snooker ?
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

welcome to shawshank don, you have to be tough and disciplined if your gonna survive at this game.
      where do you play in new york? do you know any of the pool players there who play good snooker?

Comment

I'm fortunate to have a decent place close to my job (snooker tables are very rare over here) that has five well maintained tables. It is full at peak times, but I can usually get a table when I go after work. I'm not qualified to judge the strength of the players, but they are hosting a US national championship in May so I expect there are some decent players. There is another place a bit further away that is the headquarters of The US Billiards Association (3 cushion) that has three snooker tables. There two dumps with 3 garbage tables between them, so as far as I know that is a total of 11 tables in a city of 12 million people!

Comment

I only know 2 pool players who also play snooker. None of us are very good. The snooker players at Prince Snooker Club where I play are dedicated to snooker only, and some (in my limited judgement) seem quite strong.

Comment

Looks like that's the place to play, good players will bring you along. Best of luck.
            This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
            https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

i went to ny quite a bit in the early 90s, i knew some very good pool players there who were from the uk. i when to amsterdam hall quite a bit but i remember going to a place somewhere in mid town around the 40s and it had two or three snooker tables with plastic pockets as soon as you walked in, then there was maybe 10 pool tables. the only people i saw using them were the chinese at night time. if its still there do you know the one im on about. at the time i was told it was the only hall with snooker tables in manhatten
              Last edited by j6uk; 24 February 2015, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Chelsea Billiards on 20 or 21 st. had two snooker tables by the front door, but they were removed when it became Society Billiards. I've seen very few non-Chinese play snooker in New York, and almost all of them were expats from the UK. No problem for me, I'm not Asian but can speak a fair amount of Chinese.

Comment

yeah it was chelsea, i remember it being a nice club with big windows and the snooker tables were ether side of the door. problem was there were no blinds so the tables were flooded with light during the day. came alive at night tho
                  anyway i stuck to playing pool cus it was the first time i ever played american pool. i played a lot cus my mate was a bit of a face and played every day, when to vagas and atlanta every year.. i would play anyone and enjoyed the process of being hustled for 20 bucks, just to learn a few moves

Originally Posted by Don147 View Post
                  Chelsea Billiards on 20 or 21 st. had two snooker tables by the front door, but they were removed when it became Society Billiards. I've seen very few non-Chinese play snooker in New York, and almost all of them were expats from the UK. No problem for me, I'm not Asian but can speak a fair amount of Chinese.

Comment

Working...
                  X