Break cue ferrrule...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Break cue ferrrule...

Should i use a brass one? Or any alternative on the market? I'm now looking to get a 4th one done this week in the space of a year.. Also looking for someone in central Scotland to do the deed for me asap.... Cheers WJ

Hi mate - is this for 9-ball then I am guessing? Only reason I ask is because I've been wondering if I'd benefit from a break cue in 8-ball. The level I am playing at, maybe a third of people seem to use a break cue - and especially if they use really small tips. I am using an 8.5mm tip english pool cue, but using that to break off with and seems okay - but don't know if I am doing any damage, or missing out!?

Comment

Yeah for 8ball... I play with a 7.7mm tip and getting too much spin on the break.. So going to try getting my old cue shaft adjusted to about 9mm and put on a pro granite tip as they are more robust than the BD+ that i use on my playing shaft ....

Comment

You've got three options, brass, stainless or fibre. Fibre will probably crack, stainless is very stiff and brass has more feel and yield. If you want a really hard contact to go with your GBL tip, could stainless might be worth a go? What ferrules/tips do they 9-ball players use on their break cues? This may provide a solution.

Comment

a fourth option - titanium, which I understand Acuerate use on their "low deflection" cues

Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            a fourth option - titanium, which I understand Acuerate use on their "low deflection" cues

Yeah, forgot that. It's only half the density of steel and brass, so does this lead to a feel which is more like something between brass and fibre? I guess it will deflect less and throw the balls less Dean?

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
              Yeah, forgot that. It's only half the density of steel and brass, so does this lead to a feel which is more like something between brass and fibre? I guess it will deflect less and throw the balls less Dean?
              I don't know, but Acuerate have been selling cues based on this assumption.
              there have been many threads already on this subject and many with their opinions on this, hopefully they wont come on here and repeat the same

:wink:

Comment

I don't know, but Acuerate have been selling cues based on this assumption.
                there have been many threads already on this subject and many with their opinions on this, hopefully they wont come on here and repeat the same

:wink:
                Does LP use stainless or titanium Dean?

Comment

sorry, don't know about LP cues.

Comment

sorry, don't know anything about cues.
                    Come on Dean, don't put yourself down like that . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by billabong View Post
                      Come on Dean, don't put yourself down like that . .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      I'm sure I said "about LP cues" :biggrin:

Comment

Well, LP has to justify the £1200 cost of a cue somehow. 'But look at this bespoke 99.999% titanium ferrule' lol

I do like his titanium joints though, with a density closer to wood than brass/stainless = less hammer feel effect on the shot, I guess. Maybe someone with a King can tell us?

Comment

Working...
                        X