Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geordie Pool snooker cues

Are these any good?

I need to get a new snooker cue and a local guy sells these?

Haven't gone to see them yet so just looking for an opinion

How much is he selling them for?
    It's hard to pot balls with a Chimpanzee tea party going on in your head

Wibble

Comment

I don't know.

I'm sure there are a range of prices.

Comment

I went to Geordie Pool because I needed a case for a one piece cue and when I saw the prices i just walked out shaking my head.
        Depending on how much your willing to spend you will get a much better Phoenix cue

Wibble

Comment

I don't know if it's too far out if your way, but I'd recommend Craftsman Cues in Kippax, near Leeds. Great shop, really helpful, and they've got a huge selection, and a table to try cues on. Their own cues are fantastic, but they also sell Pheonix and all sorts of top quality cues. Worth the trip.

Comment

Thanks for info.

I think he is selling them a bit cheaper than the Geordie Pool website.

I've kinda limited options nearby.

Leeds a long way out of my way unfortunately...

Comment

I've just purchased one on Saturday looks nice and feels good in the hand. Looks hand spliced too. Will be playing with it on Thursday so I'll post after use. 57" 18.5oz vacuum 3/4 joint butt joint

Comment

How much did you pay for it?

Wibble

Comment

Paid £40 with mini butt friend of a friend. Quick review before I use it. Cue feels solid enough in the hand nice and straight. Butt seems to be walnut with green inlays and sycamore splices. The splices look like real wood however the splice after the 3/4 joint is not. It appears to be dyed or painted on I've looked closely with eyeglass and it's the ash underneath. Pity as rest of cue is ok. Neat vacuum joint rear butt thread nice ash shaft. I'm gonna see if I can sand or remove the splice dye and reveal ash underneath. Will post again after use cheers.

Comment

Ok so played 10 frames with the cue felt solid on the shot only has a 9mm tip so plenty of reaction on the ball. Overall an ok cue for the money. I did some alteration to cue I dug out the nameplate as the word Geordie was spelt geordia! And replaced it with a little silver coin looks better ha ha. Think I'll leave painted front splice for now cheers all.

Comment

Working...
                    X