No announcement yet.

ADR147 Laminated Tips Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Although,,, you never know with Andrew, as he is unpredictable!! so,, maybe he comes up with something new, lol!!!

Comment

• ADR, i'd let people test them on the forum and see how they go, after that so it doesn't affect your other tips which have a good reputation i'd just sell the softer version on the forum for say 12 months and make it clear that they are an experimental tip so they could have minor issues, or they may not. If it goes ok after 12 months then sell them to a wider audience, people on here would have far more of an understanding that they are experimental and that they could mushroom out of shape or possibly delaminate quicker than the others, you know what ebay is like, a lot of people wouldn't hesitate to give neg feedback without contacting you first.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
        shame, I think If I did them any softer though we might end up with the problems of splitting etc kamui etc have, I can try though!
        how much difference does the softness/hardness of a tip matters ?
        how to check the hardness of a tip coz i have some no name tips with me n want to check them.

Comment

• Originally Posted by fbook View Post
          how much difference does the softness/hardness of a tip matters ?
          how to check the hardness of a tip coz i have some no name tips with me n want to check them.
          the only way to really check is to put them on a cue and try them.
          https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

• If you play pool with super soft tip is it worth having a break cue with harder tip on? Think i will buy adr tip to try it out.

Comment

• Originally Posted by bricam88 View Post
              If you play pool with super soft tip is it worth having a break cue with harder tip on? Think i will buy adr tip to try it out.
              definitely breaking will ruin a soft tip.

Comment

• I think Breaking all the time with any Tip ruins them which i have noticed over the years especially if playing on a slow table as you try and hit them alot harder! its just a pain using a break cue aswell but maybe thats whats required when playing on slower tables or even any table to preserve your good tip.

Gaz.

Comment

• So which tip would you suggest for a break cue? Adr i see on ebay you sell your tips in packs of 8 would it be possible to buy 4 super soft and 4 hard?

Comment

So which tip would you suggest for a break cue? Adr i see on ebay you sell your tips in packs of 8 would it be possible to buy 4 super soft and 4 hard?
                    harder the better - yes any combination is fine.

Comment

• How much for 4 of each cheers? Also looking for a cue that i could use as break cue without having to spend a fortune any suggestions welcome!

Comment

How much for 4 of each cheers? Also looking for a cue that i could use as break cue without having to spend a fortune any suggestions welcome!
                        i will have a break cue around £40 - phonic tip etc.

Comment

• Do you have a cue like that for sale i would b intrested in purchasing?

Comment

• Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                            Originally Posted by bricam88 View Post
                            If you play pool with super soft tip is it worth having a break cue with harder tip on? Think i will buy adr tip to try it out.
                            definitely breaking will ruin a soft tip.
                            I've not had any problems breaking with mine mate, tip size will play its part though, smaller the tip the more likely breaking will damage it

Comment

• Originally Posted by Dave Walton View Post
                              I've not had any problems breaking with mine mate, tip size will play its part though, smaller the tip the more likely breaking will damage it
                              Same, i'm using the super soft on a 9mm ferrule and no issues here.
                              Andi Mack

Comment

• Phoenix soft are an awesome laminated tip too, if you're looking for another brand to experiment with!

Comment

Working...
                                X