Returning a cue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning a cue

Bought a new Peradon cue from Thurston yesterday and though it felt good in the shop, I got home and played for about an hour and found it was just too heavy for me and I'm not going to get on with it. Its a nice cue, I just wish I had got a lighter version. Would I be entitled to exchange it based on my mistake?

I would say they would change it for you, makes good business sense to keep you happy

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
      I would say they would change it for you, makes good business sense to keep you happy
      agree - if they are still selling you a cue they should be ok with it - don't wait a month to go back though.
      https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Thanks. I am going to give them a ring now. I appreciate the advice because I'm very shy and hate returning things to shops, I feel like I'm going with my tail between my legs. Of course it might not get to that stage if they reject the idea on the phone. Will let you know.

Comment

...So they've said I can exchange it and he will get a couple of the lighter versions out for me to try in the shop. I will have to pay them £7 as I have chalked the cue, so they will need to re-tip it which is fair enough.

Comment

Returning a cue

if you're trying another out in the shop are they not gonna let you chalk that one?? or when they say 'try out' do they mean wave it around a bit as opposed to hit some balls with it. .....

Comment

Sounds fair to me

Comment

Originally Posted by drumcue View Post
                Sounds fair to me
                You can't say fairer than that really, especially as they've agreed it over the phone, everyone shapes the tip to there preference, if you haven't fiddled with it they may wave it once they see it?
                No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

I was a bit confused about this as well. They have a table set up to try out the cues, but I'm guessing you have to plain ball every shot? I just held it and played some air shots. Turned out the returning cue was 20 oz, which for a lean man like myself was like holding a dumbell, so I exchanged it for an 18oz which felt much better. I can totally understand that the cue I returned is no longer 'new' if a buyer sees chalk on the tip. However, if you were testing a new cue out in the shop, I would think you would really want to get into the cue ball, like playing screw shots and that would mean chalking it. Ultimately I was happy to pay £7 for the exchange.

Comment

Every Peradon that is ever made should come with an instant money back guarantee if you're not happy. LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X