No announcement yet.

Cannon Cues from the 1980s and 90s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea what Ramon is up to, you did nothing wrong Aaron. It wasn't even that far off track(well not compared to some of the tangents I have gone off on lol).
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Please stop calling me kid you moron, i'm older than you

Comment

Ramon why were you annoyed with stu?

Comment

The Cannon Hurricane cue I have is : Hand spliced ebony and ash,the shaft has 3 possible 4 arrows,upto 32in up the shaft,butt jointed at 9-1/2inch,shaft length 46-1/2 inch, balance point around 15-1/2 inch,at a guess the cue feels to me around 17-17.5 ounces.The disc plate shows a picture of a cannon on a white disc background,the wording on the disc "Cannon Cues Ltd" "Made in England".The cue will be up for sale in the classified part of the forum soon.I recently purchased a Niche cue that im happy with,so it will just br gathering dust.

Comment

I will look out for that.I used to own one.
            :snooker:

"You're not standing in my line of sight,but you are standing in my line of thought".

Comment

Originally Posted by Tim65 View Post
              I will look out for that.I used to own one.
              already on the For sale forum folder
              Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hi
                Anyone got a late 80's or early 90's 3/4 Whirlwind, preferably the quick release joint model for sale please?
                I had mine stolen in the mid 90's and have recently had the Parris cue I replaced it with also stolen...and I would love to get back to the Cannon, the first proper nice cue I owned.
                Thanks
                Si

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  forgot to say I have e-copies of all the above if of any use.
                  Also I found an article about player endorsements to cue makers including Cannon if of any interest?
                  Originally Posted by Oldgit View Post
                  Wonderful information Dean, much appreciated, I'd love e copies

Oldgit
                  Chaps (DeanH, Oldgit)
                  I'd be grateful if either of you could send me the Cannon cue e-copies info please. I'm currently trying to find a replacement for Whirlwind I had stolen in the 90s, at the time I replaced it with a Parris, but had that stolen recently. So I'm trying to revert back and see if form is also remminiscable.
                  Thanks

Comment

Originally Posted by star1970 View Post
                    Chaps (DeanH, Oldgit)
                    I'd be grateful if either of you could send me the Cannon cue e-copies info please. I'm currently trying to find a replacement for Whirlwind I had stolen in the 90s, at the time I replaced it with a Parris, but had that stolen recently. So I'm trying to revert back and see if form is also remminiscable.
                    Thanks
                    hi star
                    you do understand that the copies are from adverts back in the 80s/90s and not current adverts :wink:
                    not that much information really but of interest to some.
                    If you still want them, I am happy to send you a copy.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                      hi star
                      you do understand that the copies are from adverts back in the 80s/90s and not current adverts :wink:
                      not that much information really but of interest to some.
                      If you still want them, I am happy to send you a copy.
                      Yes, completely understand and would like copies please.

Comment

Just found this thread after looking to see if I should update my Cannon whirlwind 1990 model (white badge) with extension but may not now . I have had the cue from new and it's still a pleasure to play with. If anyone's interested I can upload pictures..

I seem to remember paying around £117 (including postage) but can't be sure as its over 25 years ago..

Comment

Originally Posted by Slickfive View Post
                          Just found this thread after looking to see if I should update my Cannon whirlwind 1990 model (white badge) with extension but may not now . I have had the cue from new and it's still a pleasure to play with. If anyone's interested I can upload pictures..

I seem to remember paying around £117 (including postage) but can't be sure as its over 25 years ago..
                          silly question on TSF, always, always pictures of cues will be welcomed

ps, TSF attachment features you need over 10 posts, but you can use photobucket/etc. at any time (more controllable as well), just copy the IMG code into your post to display the image
                          look forward to seeing them

Comment

Comment

My first proper snooker cue was a cannon whirlwind, I paid £125 for it back in 1994...My mate had the cannon hurricane about £110 bit cheaper it had low butt joint, both badges had a set of red snooker balls on the badge if I remember correctly.

Comment

By sheer chance I was clearing out old papers and came across some old invoices from Cannon, I bought quite a few Hurricanes and the trade price in 1991 for one cue was £48.50 plus £5 for 9mm £6 delivery and £8.93 VAT making a trade price total of £68.43 delivered

Comment

Working...
                                X