Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any noticed Stephen Lee's old Ton Praram III Cue listed on ebay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

l uses a cue over 58

Originally Posted by EZ_4_U_OK View Post
    By that deductive reasoning you no doubt think Stephen Maguire still uses a 59"+ cue also?

EZ

Comment

With the large number of Mags cues turning up on ebay, and then the Lee cue incident, probably the most infamous cue sale on ebay ever(!), buyers aren't daft in being a bit doubtful. Not that I am casting doubt on EZ's rep, but my point is general about cues on ebay altogether. Then we have all the Parris cues on ebay. Lordy, it's a vipers nest.

Comment

Yes of course, but there's a big difference between being privately skeptical and publically airing an unsubstantiated claim. Quite too often people on forums proceed to blurt out unnecessarily vague and obscure messages, which has an effect of raising doubt or confusion in the reader.

Knowing the obvious controversy surrounding the sale of Stephen Lee's Ultimate, I made perfectly sure when I bought the cue that the necessary provenience was in place, and double checked it's authenticity with someone who is a close friend of Stephen Lee before purchasing. Everything checked out fine, so I'm happy to offer it as the genuine article !

EZ
        " It's impossible to put a price on happiness "...:-) EZ

Comment

Fair enough EZ, sounds genuine. Did he play with this cue a fair bit, at any tournaments or did he use this cue after he was banned by WS?

Does anyone know how much Ton would charge for a cue like this new?

Comment

I am having trouble getting the website to show prices for cues...anyone else got this problem?
            H.b.142

Comment

Originally Posted by lennon11 View Post
              I am having trouble getting the website to show prices for cues...anyone else got this problem?
              Yes, apparently, the cues are £0. lol

Comment

All prices were removed from the website a few months ago. Stupree has a UK price list including delivery and import duties on his profile page.

Comment

I believe this cue to be genuinely used by Lee but how much it was used only Lee would really know. I was tempted but then remembered how many times I'd tried maple and ended up selling the cues. So it would just be part of a collection, a bit of a waste. This is going to be an awesome playing cue for someone who gets on with maple. Given that a TP Beyond with extensions is gonna be 450 at a guess, the premium here isn't big, if it was bagged for say 650. And the way prices of respected cue makers are going, a TP III Beyond may soon cost as much as this guy is asking for Lee's cue. If I could get on with maple, I would have already bought it. Looks superb.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
                    I believe this cue to be genuinely used by Lee but how much it was used only Lee would really know. I was tempted but then remembered how many times I'd tried maple and ended up selling the cues. So it would just be part of a collection, a bit of a waste. This is going to be an awesome playing cue for someone who gets on with maple. Given that a TP Beyond with extensions is gonna be 450 at a guess, the premium here isn't big, if it was bagged for say 650. And the way prices of respected cue makers are going, a TP III Beyond may soon cost as much as this guy is asking for Lee's cue. If I could get on with maple, I would have already bought it. Looks superb.
                    Thanks Master Blaster !

I would be prepared to let it go for £650 to a forum member with the deal done outside of ebay/fees etc, either bank transfer or paypal friends. Hopefully a Stephen Lee fan will pick it up and take good care of it. Must say for a maple playing cue it has a very stiff shaft probably 9.5-10/10 for stiffness !

EZ

Comment

Cue package still available...... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2816077653...84.m1555.l2649

EZ

Comment

Working...
                      X