Crispian Jones Cues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crispian Jones Cues

We all know that Crispian makes one if not the best cases around. However I would like to ask those who own any of cues for input on what they think to his cues, be it certificate or handmade cue range. Been considering for a while to give his cues a bash to see what they're like. Any feedback on his cues would be appreciated. Pics are welcome too.

Thanks in advance

Michael:snooker:
    Always a pleasure

I have a certificate signature cue of crispians. It is a 1 piece cue 57.5", ash with a 8.2mm tip. It is a excellent playing cue for pool. It has great balance and feel when striking the cue ball and is not too stiff, which i prefer for pool. Crispian is a very good pool player so knows what players want in a cue. The finish on the cue is great too, lovely and smooth and doesnt get sticky (i have sweaty hands, all the kebab i eat i guess doesnt help).
    Cris is a very good guy to deal with, he responds quickly to emails (unlike some who dont seem to bother) and is very proactive when helping you decide on specs etc for your cue.
    Ive been meaning for a while to write a review of cj and his cues maybe I will after blockwood one arrives.
    I can recommend crispian 100% splices etc are spot on and a pleasure to deal with. I hope you enjoy your new cj cue when you order.

Comment

Been using a CJ for about 2 years now. A handmade traditional. My friend couldn't get on with it because he thought the taper was a bit thick but I felt it's ok for me.
      It's well balance and simply a lovely cue. And the most common comment you will hear about a CJ cue is how smooth the finish is. Wish my wife's skin was that smooth.

Comment

Originally Posted by justf View Post
        I have a certificate signature cue of crispians. It is a 1 piece cue 57.5", ash with a 8.2mm tip. It is a excellent playing cue for pool. It has great balance and feel when striking the cue ball and is not too stiff, which i prefer for pool. Crispian is a very good pool player so knows what players want in a cue. The finish on the cue is great too, lovely and smooth and doesnt get sticky (i have sweaty hands, all the kebab i eat i guess doesnt help).
        Cris is a very good guy to deal with, he responds quickly to emails (unlike some who dont seem to bother) and is very proactive when helping you decide on specs etc for your cue.
        Ive been meaning for a while to write a review of cj and his cues maybe I will after blockwood one arrives.
        I can recommend crispian 100% splices etc are spot on and a pleasure to deal with. I hope you enjoy your new cj cue when you order.
        8.2mm tip. You must have good eyes
        Always a pleasure

Comment

Haven't seen many of his cues. His cases look solid, though I'm no fan of patchwork. His blockwork spliced cues are gorgeous.

Comment

Originally Posted by Master Blaster View Post
            Haven't seen many of his cues. His cases look solid, though I'm no fan of patchwork. His blockwork spliced cues are gorgeous.
            On his website I like the Birdseye maple one. Class in a glass
            http://www.crispianjonescues.com/cer...ooker-cue.html
            Always a pleasure

Comment

Originally Posted by Saint Michael View Post
              Agree, but felt that it needed more contrast. A longer ebony splice maybe?

Comment

Originally Posted by Ethanat View Post
                Agree, but felt that it needed more contrast. A longer ebony splice maybe?
                Not s bad call
                Always a pleasure

Comment

Originally Posted by Saint Michael View Post
                  Beautiful, stunning and so different. Would maple cope with the wear and tear and accidental knock down the years though? I mean, cue makers choose the density and hardness of ebony with good reason. I couldn't trust myself with it!
                  Last edited by Master Blaster; 27 February 2015, 11:26 PM.

Comment

I have had many of crispians cues and they have all been to a very high standard and played very well, highly recommend crispians cues and cases to everybody.

Gaz.

Comment

Hey all, I am going to buy one of Crispian Jones's cues. What do you think about his cues made in the recent times? Are they the same quality as they used to be?

Comment

Working...
                      X