Elbow question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elbow question?

Ramon. you may be right about chalk but just by looking at finishing point of tip you can see that cue isn't parallel. Players like Ronnie by dropping their elbow are more parallel when they finish the shot. look at judd and Robertson though on a screw shot and the tip is close to the cloth. Most professionals follow the plane of the cue at address and this is only close to parallel on a topspin shot.
    coaching is not just for the pros
    www.121snookercoaching.com

Comment

Eyes on the prize. I've missed some daft shots by looking at the cue ball, it usually happens when form isn't good and confidence low.

Comment

Originally Posted by CoachGavin View Post
        Ramon. you may be right about chalk but just by looking at finishing point of tip you can see that cue isn't parallel. Players like Ronnie by dropping their elbow are more parallel when they finish the shot. look at judd and Robertson though on a screw shot and the tip is close to the cloth. Most professionals follow the plane of the cue at address and this is only close to parallel on a topspin shot.
        Thanks for the clarification !! I agree with you about what you said about ROS and J Trump !! Deliver the cue parallel while striking the CB is, imo, the most perfect cue action !! (S Lee). the problem is: he deliver The cue parallel while the tip of the cue moves a bit up ( bigan of delivery )and down ( end of delivery ), at the end of the delivery (iwhen the CB is gone and he stops cueing) is just the moment the tip goes down ( almost like The tip hit the cloth )! as a result ,, it looks like he does'nt deliver The cue parallel !! ( his timeing is perfect and he strik the CB perfect As Well ) . I hope you do'nt mind me saying this because I'm in no position to tell you this ( u re the coach and I'm Not ).. but this is just the way I see it !!! especially when we talk about the players with a long backswing cue action .

Comment

Elbow question?

just remember plane of cue at address is not the same as a parallel cue to the table. The plane of the cue will usually be a slope especially on a screw shot. It then depends on the player as to what happens after the shot. By dropping the elbow Ronnie tends to finish with the tip more parallel to the table but this is not always true. The tip tends to follow the original plane down if the elbow is kept higher like judd or Robertson. To be honest both methods work well and the cue ball has gone as soon as it had been struck. Id recommend concentrating on grooving a consistent cueing action and not worry about elbows too much.

Comment

agreed coachgavin !! especially the consistent cueing,,,, is the main thing!!

Comment

Elbow question?

difficult to achieve though lol

Comment

people do say some stupid stuff, if only to agree with the establishment. if they're a player, its idiotic and they know it

Comment

Elbow question?

you not happy J6uk? Can you share with the group?

Comment

Originally Posted by CoachGavin View Post
                    difficult to achieve though lol
                    ,,, not difficult !!! to be consistent all the time (100 percent consistentcy) is impossible to achieve ,, imo !!!

Comment

Elbow question?

yes. agreed. Steve Davis once said "No-one can be perfect but there is no harm in trying"

Comment

i use to worry about elbow being too low, and tried to raise it up until people tell me my elbow is too high and my cue isn't parallel to the table... my problem was I was beginning to worry too much abit the little things that I became stiff and rigid. try to loosen ur muscles, not get tensed up and approach the shot in a more relaxed manner. even if you were to raise your elbow a little higher then, it shouldn't cause you to stiffen up til you start to screw up in other areas (delivering shot)

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax4steve View Post
                          Yeah, but every single one of them looked at the object ball first and last and everyone has to get this right first.
                          Could not agree more to this...
                          "I am still endeavouring to meet someone funnier than my life" - Q. M. Sidd

Comment

Originally Posted by tomlimcj View Post
                            i use to worry about elbow being too low, and tried to raise it up until people tell me my elbow is too high and my cue isn't parallel to the table... my problem was I was beginning to worry too much abit the little things that I became stiff and rigid. try to loosen ur muscles, not get tensed up and approach the shot in a more relaxed manner. even if you were to raise your elbow a little higher then, it shouldn't cause you to stiffen up til you start to screw up in other areas (delivering shot)
                            The secret is COMFORT. Get that elbow up as high as you COMFORTABLY can but you also have to bend the leg more to keep the body down as low as you COMFORTABLY can. In the address position the cue should be no more than 1in above the cushion and most pros have even less space there.

But do not contort yourself to achieve these goals. The best idea I can come up with is to close your eyes and get into the address position and move things around while concentrating on remaining comfortable and then open the eyes and take a look to see where your most comfortable position is.
                            Terry Davidson
                            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Working...
                            X