Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in touch with uncle suvitc or unclevit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
    [ATTACH]17635[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17636[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17637[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17638[/ATTACH]

Photos of the unclevit cues and the Ton Praram one. Sorry if the photos are not great, I'm not sure the best way to add photos and I could only add small file sizes. I would say build quality wise they are very similar and I'm happy with both but the ebony on the unclevit ones is more uniform with less light patches and streaks. End cost was slightly higher per cue for the unclevit ones with customs charges included but they are fully spliced whereas the Praram just has a face splice.
    Hi could I ask does the Praram cue have a lacquer or oil finish? Thanks.
    This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
    https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Oil finish on the Praram cues mate.

Comment

Thanks Rdsalt, think I'm going to order one, was going to go through Stu, but I think he's taking a break just now.

Comment

Ordered one today, can't wait.

Comment

Hey Jiim what did you order? Fairly simple or exotic? Standard spec?

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
              Ordered one today, can't wait.
              So i take it they still talk to you whilst ordering (but not afterwards lol), was it with Suvit, or Nong, or someone else
              Oops just realised you probably meant Ton Praham, the thread is about "C" brand cues so i thought that's where you ordered from

Comment

Sorry I should have made it clearer, yes ordered a Ton Praram,. Bigmeek it's just a basic one, 58 , 18.5 ounces10 mill tip, ballanced at 17.5 stiff shaft, plain ebony, jeez that's one boring cue lol. Oh except I'm having a go with maple, I nearly ordered an ash one same specs at the same time, but I wanted to give the maple one a fair shake.
                Thought I would add this as someone said the prices are not up on the web site, this could be because they have gone up, the series one was £90 for ash on the web site I was quoted £108 and £118 for maple.
                Last edited by itsnoteasy; 2 March 2015, 10:19 PM.

Comment

The cue prices were very keen for Series 1 cues, but I thought the delivery was quite expensive if I remember right, what did they quote for delivery if its not being nosey? £118 is a great price for a decent cue made to your specs, but once you add delivery and customs it goes up quite a bit.

Comment

£43 delivery that's why I was tempted to order two cues at the same time as it was only another ten for both. Total was £161.

Comment

Originally Posted by rdsalt View Post
                      [ATTACH]17635[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17636[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17637[/ATTACH][ATTACH]17638[/ATTACH]

Photos of the unclevit cues and the Ton Praram one. Sorry if the photos are not great, I'm not sure the best way to add photos and I could only add small file sizes. I would say build quality wise they are very similar and I'm happy with both but the ebony on the unclevit ones is more uniform with less light patches and streaks. End cost was slightly higher per cue for the unclevit ones with customs charges included but they are fully spliced whereas the Praram just has a face splice.
                      Where are the "C-brand" cues??
                      I just see 2 Mastercue and a Praram!?
                      mind control > body control > cue control > ball control

Comment

Originally Posted by Raldon View Post
                        Where are the "C-brand" cues??
                        I just see 2 Mastercue and a Praram!?
                        My cues from unclevit came badged Master Cue, I take it from this that it must have been Master Cue craftsmen that made the cues, I would rather they had the C-brand badges, but as I had waited so long I was just glad they turned up at all.

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                        £43 delivery that's why I was tempted to order two cues at the same time as it was only another ten for both. Total was £161.
                        I'm sure you already know that you will likely be stung for a further £20 - £30 bill from customs. Delivery costs and duties fairly bump up the initial bargain price, maybe not quite so noticeable on a top end cue as delivery and duties would still be much the same.

Comment

The duties are twenty percent of the total value, that's cue plus postage, so twenty percent of a four hundred pound cue is sixty pound more than a one hundred pound cue, the postage charge may be the same. Of course that depends on the declared value
                          Just noticed Rdsalt two of your cues have round butts, what's it like playing with them, can you feel a difference?
                          Last edited by itsnoteasy; 3 March 2015, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Very true depends on the declared value as you say but you still have the fixed £13.50 clearance fee regardless or the amount of duty charged. I prefer the round butt cues, the cue I used for a long time was a craftsman which has a very short flat just big enough to get a badge on it, not sure if all craftsman cues were like that?, but it meant I never held the flat of the cue on normal shots. As the cues have no flat and a maple shaft I can just go down on the shot and it looks and feels the same no matter how you hold the cue, no grain lines to align or flat to get into the right position in your hand.

Comment

Geez, we don't have to pay duties unless it is valued at AU$1000 or more. Nor do we have to pay a clearance fee.

Still postage costs are a killer.

My favourite players: Walter Lindrum (AUS), Neil Robertson (AUS), Eddie Charlton (AUS), Robby Foldvari (AUS), Vinnie Calabrese (AUS), Jimmy White, Stephen Hendry, Alex Higgins, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Dominic Dale and Barry Hawkins.
                              I dream of a 147 (but would be happy with a 100)

Comment

Originally Posted by mythman69 View Post
                                Geez, we don't have to pay duties unless it is valued at AU$1000 or more. Nor do we have to pay a clearance fee.

Still postage costs are a killer.

If it's from outside the EU and costs more than £15 (£36 if it's a gift) the gooberment want their 20% VAT and if it's worth more than £135 you have to pay customs duty on it as well as VAT. Oh and RM tag on a £13.50 handling fee regardless of how much the charge is.
                                Andi Mack

Comment

Working...
                                X