National Inter County Finals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Inter County Finals

The 2015 National Inter County Finals was played this weekend and proved very fruitful for the Afford Tuesday League . In the Senior event , KO Cup ,, playing under the banner of Staffordshire S , 3 of my team mates ( in a 7 man team ), Paul Ward , Phil Williams and Steve Prince along with League Secretary Tony Hazledine only went and won the event , proving there is life in the old dog yet . Big up to the lads and my heartfelt congratulations to the whole team .
    Last edited by old school; 28 February 2015, 02:16 PM. Reason: addendum

Good event as usual in Yarmouth I was in the a Berkshire team that won the main event beating Staffordshire 23-18 in the final. Very good standard of play in all the finals.

Comment

Congratulations . Yarmouth nearly always throws up good finals and it is brilliant to see other areas of the country coming through . Staffordshire , in particular Trent Trophies teams , has historically been very strong , you only have to look at the number of titles won to see that is true . Teams like Berkshire are great for the sport because it pushes the other teams to challenge to see what level they are playing at . I personally am really lucky to play Trent Trophies League on Wednesday and Afford League Tuesday , this gives me the chance to play against the very best players in the country , including multiple World and European Champions as well as England team members and Senior England players . Its a tough challenge but I relish it , especially now I am the wrong side of 50 yrs of age , I think " if I can just pinch a frame , I would be happy " because I know that I would be playing ok . Happy days.

Comment

Def some quality pool was played through the whole weekend by all teams. Berkshire as a team hadn't played in the 'A' finals for over 20 years, this year we had a strong squad consisting of the current European under 23 champ, 3 Indian Internationals, Northern Ireland International, 3 players that got to England trials so overall a good team. When the draw was done we drew Nottinghamshire first round who cheered that they drew us, obviously expecting an easy game, after being stuffed 23-10 they weren't laughing :-) No-one really got close to us all weekend expect Staffs in the final which was a tight affair, expecting as much when looking at their line up, I was lucky enough to draw Lee kendall in the first 1/4 and beat him so well pleased.

Berkshire play in Region 7 which is one of the toughest Regions to play in, Surrey(won the KO cup) & London both play in this Region so making it one of the toughest Regions to qualify from, so winning it this year made it extra special.

I agree with you I'm the wrong side of 40 but am playing some of the best Pool in my career, doesn't matter who I'm playing I know I'm playing well enough to beat anyone on my day. It's always good to playing players of the highest Calibre as it's the only to test how well we're actually playing.

Are you entering the 3 man Golden Cue in May? that's normally a good event.

Comment

Working...
        X