• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by thai_son22 View Post
    expectatiions/assumptions aren't his fault/decision
    Definitely on ebay

Comment

• Originally Posted by narl View Post
      Sometimes that's remnants of the wax they use on the cue butt, generally goes away after you play with it for a while.
      Very true, but John would have been the first to tell me that when I was talking to him a few weeks back and trying out his cues. Don't get me wrong, the finish is so silky smooth on every cue - it's astonishing. But I am very disappointed in these whitish marks/grain - I'm not sure how to describe it but it's not the camera and I don't think it is the wax either unless the ebony is so rough chunks of wax get stuck in it

Comment

• Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
        Very true, but John would have been the first to tell me that when I was talking to him a few weeks back and trying out his cues. Don't get me wrong, the finish is so silky smooth on every cue - it's astonishing. But I am very disappointed in these whitish marks/grain - I'm not sure how to describe it but it's not the camera and I don't think it is the wax either unless the ebony is so rough chunks of wax get stuck in it
        It can do depending on the grain of the ebony. A few years back I had a cue that had wide grained ebony and it had some wax deposits inside the grain pores. Depending on where on the butt it is the heat of your hand can help make them disappear over time. Even seen people be advised they can use a toothbrush to dislodge the small flecks or break them up.

Comment

• Good knowledge - I never heard of this before. Still surprised as I haven't seen this with other cue makers whose cues I have, but then again maybe this is just down to the wax Pa rris uses?

Comment

• The postcode Parris has some more pics and specs added, looks in pretty rough shape, he reckons it's around 56.5 inches with an 8mm tip. Looking at the pic of the tip and ferrule the wood looks pretty hourglassed in under it so would need chopping and extending.

Comment

• Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
              Good knowledge - I never heard of this before. Still surprised as I haven't seen this with other cue makers whose cues I have, but then again maybe this is just down to the wax Pa rris uses?
              More down to the grain of the ebony i'd say, the pic below shows a parris cue at the bottom and another cuemaker who used wider grain ebony above it and used a polish to finish the cue, both have the white flecks but its much more noticeable in the top cue. The second pic shows just how bad the top cue was, when playing rest shots that is how bad it looked.

Last edited by narl; 3 May 2018, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Fedias maximus has been reduced to £900 lol. Anyone after a bargain

Comment

• Nice parris from.ADR https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F263665710187
                  Current playing cue Trevor White
                  3/4 ash cue

Comment

• It's not eBay but there's a nice and cheap Parris ultimate on gumtree....spec is quality and the splicing for such a sort after cue is 2nd to none!!!

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/j...cue/1297824493

Comment

• Originally Posted by mathias12 View Post
                      It's not eBay but there's a nice and cheap Parris ultimate on gumtree....spec is quality and the splicing for such a sort after cue is 2nd to none!!!

https://www.gumtree.com/p/for-sale/j...cue/1297824493
                      You think that's cheap ? Lol
                      Always amazes me the number of people who want a lot of money for a cue yet don't bother giving you the specs !!

Comment

• Also you say spec is quality? Where is it written I can't see it

Comment

• I remember this one on JP's Instagram, I also can not see any details or specs
                          Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• Taking the biscuit jrc ....it's outrageous. No spec and the worst pictures to go with it. Even the splicing in picture 3 look off. How much would you honestly say it's worth? He/she said the case alone is £700.

Comment

• Originally Posted by mathias12 View Post
                              Taking the biscuit jrc ....it's outrageous. No spec and the worst pictures to go with it. Even the splicing in picture 3 look off. How much would you honestly say it's worth? He/she said the case alone is £700.
                              The pennies just dropped that you were being sarcastic in your post 😅
                              Those cases are "only" £409
                              You could always price the cue up on the cuebuilder thing but I can't be bothered. It would need a special buyer that cue ehh

Comment

• 😁😁. Priced up a more basic cue earlier which came to £1230 so that concoction would be best part of £1500+.

Comment

Working...
                                X