No announcement yet.

English Open 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nobody knows what mood will show... he doesnt know either !!

Not read through all this thread but dont you think the acoustics of the venue sound horrible.

Comment

Originally Posted by Nicorabi View Post
      I might try it as I hate using the rest so bad lol.
      Just concentrate on an easy stroke and smooth as the cue centre can bounce if you have a jerky rhythm.
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Originally Posted by mikeyd100 View Post
        Nobody knows what mood will show... he doesnt know either !!

Not read through all this thread but dont you think the acoustics of the venue sound horrible.
        Wasn't it last year you could hear the rain lashing down on the roof? It was deafening

Comment

Originally Posted by jrc750 View Post
          Wasn't it last year you could hear the rain lashing down on the roof? It was deafening
          I remember something like that yes, the rain was coming down hard but still... not ideal.

Comment

Eden Sharav moving through the rounds very nicely .
            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

I remember something like that yes, the rain was coming down hard but still... not ideal.
              That was in Manchester a couple of years ago, I think.
              "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
              National Snooker Expo
              25-27 October 2019
              http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by the lone wolf View Post
                That was in Manchester a couple of years ago, I think.
                No word of a lie, I was going to say it's probably Manchester - given the stereotype that it's always raining there

Comment

Originally Posted by Woody001 View Post
                  This seems to be a new habit with a lot of players, and it honestly does my nut. What is going on. It can't smooth the shaft because of the grease and general crud your hands naturally have, so what is this new phenomena.
                  Ryan Day tops the list there

Comment

Funny Joe hasn't noticed or anyone mention that Sharav has the same up and down eyebrows as him on the shot! Not dissimilar action either.
                    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

I think that's more to to with the quality of the coverage than anything else. I'm sure everything could sound better, if only ES had the mind to do things properly.
                      "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

Originally Posted by Woody001 View Post
                        Are we talking about masterbating the cue two or three times before almost every shot.

This seems to be a new habit with a lot of players, and it honestly does my nut. What is going on. It can't smooth the shaft because of the grease and general crud your hands naturally have, so what is this new phenomena.
                        In my opinion this is nothing more than: settling for the shot / preparing for a nice smooth delivery.

I myself do this. Maybe not to the extent that Ronnie or Ryan Day are doing it, but just generally getting the cue moving in a nice tension free motion. It's nothing more than that. Settling the mind, and the muscles for the shot that's about to be played.
                        WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                        Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                          I think that's more to to with the quality of the coverage than anything else. I'm sure everything could sound better, if only ES had the mind to do things properly.
                          Could be, possibly the microphones above the table too, sound of the balls etc sounds crap.... maybe it's just me

Comment

Agree with the sound of the balls .........I thought the sound from the last few tournaments has been strange , every time they hit the ball in Belgium it sounded like a kick .
                            Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
                              Agree with the sound of the balls .........I thought the sound from the last few tournaments has been strange , every time they hit the ball in Belgium it sounded like a kick .
                              Cheers, also when the balls rattle in the pockets, just sounds wrong.
                              Good tournament though.

Comment

Could be, possibly the microphones above the table too, sound of the balls etc sounds crap.... maybe it's just me
                                im glad someone else is ranting about it. Because im starting to look like the biggest nag on twitter for telling them. Yesterday I at least got them to acknowledge that when a shot is missed, the reaction from commentators (both in uk and denmark) seems 1 to 2 seconds delayed, as if they are looking at their phone and noticing the sound of the wobble and then reacting. It sounds silly when its so delayed in terms of reaction. They will fix that asap they said. In regards to the sound of balls going in. I think that they have Mic's placed on the legs near the pockets. To me as an audio engineer as work, thats what it sounds like. As every ball potted on leather sounds like a plank of hollow wood getting knocked in. They really just need 1 hanging mics from the lights like at the crucible. plus 2 smalls mics at left and right black corners with EQ lowcutting all the bull**** rumble... The noisegate making the venue sound "small" should also be opened up to pick up more so the room sounds BIGGER. No reverb in this place... God I wish i worked for them as i'd make it sound mint :P

Comment

Working...
                                X