Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snooker World Open 2018 Judd Trump vs Kishan H Hirani ( Qualifiers )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooker World Open 2018 Judd Trump vs Kishan H Hirani ( Qualifiers )

l watched the above game and saw Judd Trump choose the Yellow even though he was snookered on it. My question is: it did not look as though he was snookered on the Black, so does the 3 miss rule come into affect (3 misses on a ball when not snookered when not snookered then frame is lost) it happens at (22:50) in the match. What do you think? see video at: https://youtu.be/0rRw3wybw2A 

That only applies when on a red
    (i think)

Comment

I had a quick look, i don't think he could hit that black at all.
      Re your 3 miss and lose frame thing, you have to be able to hit the object ball full in the face anyway, so even if it did apply when on a colour (which i'm sure it doesn't) it wouldn't apply here anyway

Comment

Snooker World Open 2018 Judd Trump vs Kishan H Hirani ( Qualifiers )

as JRC says I don't think Trump could see full ball contact on the black and also all the other colours so 3 miss rule would not happen (this rule is applied on colours not just reds).
        If full ball contact was available on the black and Trump goes for the yellow, the 3 miss rule would apply. After a red is potted all the colours are considered as balls on and possible object balls regardless of the ball attempted.
        As always the player can change the ball they go for after the cue ball is replaced, in this scenario with reds still on the table, if no red then the ball on is the lowest value colour.
        Last edited by DeanH; 10 July 2018, 07:21 PM.
        Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

l think he could have hit it: judd snooker.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
            as JRC says I don't think Trump could see full ball contact on the black and also all the other colours so 3 miss rule would not happen (this rule is applied on colours not just reds).
            If full ball contact was available on the black and Trump goes for the yellow, the 3 miss rule would apply. After a red is potted all the colours are considered as balls on and possible object balls regardless of the ball attempted.
            As always the player can change the ball they go for after the cue ball is replaced, in this scenario with reds still on the table, if no red then the ball on is the lowest value colour.
            see photo: judd snooker.jpg

Comment

Originally Posted by Robert Pool View Post
              see photo: [ATTACH]19089[/ATTACH]
              Doesn't look like centre ball full contact is on there, anyway it's the ref who was closer and presumably he didn't think so either

Comment

Robert - love the effort
                as JRC says, the referee was there
                The image to me shows the black slightly to the right of full ball contact so the red closest to the black would imped that shot, of course the image is just that, not the real thing

IF Trump could have seen full ball contact then the referee would have warned him after his second failed attempt. If Trump changed to a different colour at anytime the count of 3 would restart.

Comment

Originally Posted by DeanH View Post
                  IF Trump could have seen full ball contact then the referee would have warned him after his second failed attempt. If Trump changed to a different colour at anytime the count of 3 would restart.
                  That can't be right, can it? Trump could then have two goes at every colour on the table and never get the warning...

I'm pretty sure the count never restarts and Trump would get the warning after two attempts, regardless of which colours he went for. :smile:

Comment

Originally Posted by Odrl View Post
                    That can't be right, can it? Trump could then have two goes at every colour on the table and never get the warning...

I'm pretty sure the count never restarts and Trump would get the warning after two attempts, regardless of which colours he went for. :smile:
                    apologies you are right, I went a bit too far with my thinking there and skipped a passage ...
                    If the balls are replaced, the player can change his choice of colour (ball on) because it was initially after potting a red, but he must contact that ball and if after a second failed attempt lose the frame, as per the warning given after the second F&M.
                    The count of 3 misses is restarted IF the non-offending player asks for the offending player to play from where the balls come to rest after their attempt, i.e. all balls not replaced. This can be at anytime during the sequence of fouls & misses.

As always, after a foul the non-offending player has two choices - play themselves or put the offending player in, where the balls came to rest; or after a Foul & Miss, has the same two options AND a third option of having the balls replaced and the offending player plays again.
                    Last edited by DeanH; 11 July 2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X