My new GBL CUE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new GBL CUE

After a few months of researching snooker cues I decided on a GBL. I had been using a 2 piece mastercraft for about 7 years..it was a pretty nice cue but I always wanted a one piece. I am an better than average snooker player and have been playing for over 40 years. I didn't feel like waiting months for a cue but wanted high quality. Green Baize have a great selection of Thai made cues in stock with good pictures of each cue. I was confident that the Thai cue makers are as good as any of the other makers. The people at green Baize were super helpful and friendly...made the buying experience very easy. Got the cue shipped to canada in less than a week..i was impressed immediately with the finish of this plain ebony butt ash snooker cue...smooth as silk...when u eye down the length of the shaft there are no ripples or imperfections..absolutely beautiful..perfectly straight piece of wood..got the cue..extensions and case for about $700...that price was in the upper middle of their cue range....the cue hits solid and has nice feel...very pleased with it and would highly recommend ..gotta figure out how to post photos of it
    Last edited by drzdave; 16 April 2018, 12:56 AM.

glad to hear you have found a nice cue

pictures - you can use image sharing sites like ImgBB or Tinypic, etc (without registering even) upload you picture and copy the "forum sharing" code and paste this into the TSF post
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Hey, I live in Canada as well and planning to buy one piece Maximus cue, mini butt, telescopic extension and case from GBL. Could you please tell how was your expereince with purchase? Could you please recommend few cue brands?

Initially I was considering Omin thailand, Niche, Trevor White (But hard to get over him), Maximus, Powerglide. Heard so many good things about Maximus and finally going for it

Comment

Originally Posted by tugsthebugs View Post
        Hey, I live in Canada as well and planning to buy one piece Maximus cue, mini butt, telescopic extension and case from GBL. Could you please tell how was your expereince with purchase? Could you please recommend few cue brands?

Initially I was considering Omin thailand, Niche, Trevor White (But hard to get over him), Maximus, Powerglide. Heard so many good things about Maximus and finally going for it
        I own a Maximus Immortal 1 piece cue, excellent quality cue, you won't be dissapointed with a Maximus cue.

Comment

Thanks for your reply Dave,

I'm ordering Maximus Ultimate with extension and other stuff. Wanted to go for John Paris but can't wait too long. My friend who own Maximus he speaks very highly of this cue. How you compare Maximus vs Niche or other English cue Ssuch as Trevor White, Cohen (High end one) etc?

Comment

Thanks for your reply Dave,

I'm ordering Maximus Ultimate with extension and other stuff. Wanted to go for John Paris but can't wait too long. My friend who own Maximus he speaks very highly of this cue. How you compare Maximus vs Niche or other English cue Ssuch as Trevor White, Cohen (High end one) etc?
            The Maximus ultimate will be up there with all of them, they really are excellent cues.

Comment

Originally Posted by Big AD
              Isn’t GBL a wrestler?? I’m after some info on maximus cues seen one on gumtree for £360 I am tempted to buy seems a bit overpriced for a Thai cue what’s the cost new any ideas
              Depends which model it is, if it's an Ultimate then they're a fair bit more than that new, the quality is excellent

Comment

Originally Posted by Big AD
                Says it’s an ultimate on badge depends what the resale value is if I buy a cue might not get on with it
                No idea what the resale value would be, Andrew Ramsay or Stu Green would be the people to ask about it

Comment

Maximus ultimates are great cues - I have 4 f them.

£360 for the single splice is a bit high in my opinion for second hand. They are far more brand new, but second hand is a different story.

I'd suggest £275 is a great price, but circa £300 is decent value. I find they are great playing cues, and the workmanship is top notch - comparable with a top John Parris or Trevor White, but I think you should offer £250 and settle for close to £300 if possible

Comment

Thank you for your inputs

Comment

Thank you for your inputs
                      To broaden your choice, also look at Ton Praram. I have a few from his Beyond range - these are his equivalent of Ultimates.

Both Maximus Ultimates and TP Beyonds use the finest wood I've seen. The shafts are on the stiff side so be warned. Not sure how this will compare with your BCE Grand MAster, but I imagine a part of your trouble is the Trevor Masts will be much stiffer then the BCE so it's down to feel and what you are comfortable with.

tugsthebugs - can't go wrong - you'll be delighted. Slight irritation is the resale value will not be as high if you buy it brand new but if you're not planning on selling then it's a moot point. GBL cases are beautiful - great workmanship, lovely leather, and much lighter to carry around than the JP leather case

Comment

My maximus ultimate 1pc cue is on the way. Can't wait

Comment

I will post pictures within a week

Comment

My maximus ultimate 1pc cue is on the way. Can't wait
                            Who did you order from? Green baize or direct from Maximus? If direct, may I ask how much and for which cue?

Comment

Originally Posted by anish147 View Post
                              Who did you order from? Green baize or direct from Maximus? If direct, may I ask how much and for which cue?
                              Green Base. Contacted Maximus several times. hard to get hold over them. no reply at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X