help me to check my cue action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi CB,
    Your head position is slightly too high. From what I see, you might have difficulties in ball control. And for the last two shots, you forgot to step back. Take the correct line before approaching. That is a important for every single shot. Btw, what type of ball are u playing with?

Snooker Lover,
    Eferata

Comment

Originally Posted by Eferata View Post
      Hi CB,
      Your head position is slightly too high. From what I see, you might have difficulties in ball control. And for the last two shots, you forgot to step back. Take the correct line before approaching. That is a important for every single shot. Btw, what type of ball are u playing with?

Snooker Lover,
      Eferata
      just pot randomly..yes i admit i am in hurry..i should played a little bit relax..thank you for your correction guys..

in this few days..ill buy a cue from my friend..john parris professional..i hope it would improve my game..

oh ya..i got the other video..i think this one is as bad as just now..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3UEwwb2ICAw
      Last edited by cheebai; 18 October 2014, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by cheebai View Post
        i seem got problem to put the cue on the chin..i feel more comfortable with my head a little bit high.if i put the cue on the chin..my back is hurt.what should i do?with this "wrong"cue action..sometimes i can make more than 40..
        Widen your stance and turn both feet out a bit to relieve back pressure and tension. Keep the back flat as you can and turn the hips more to the bridge side.

(Didn't have time to look at the video yet)

Terry
        Terry Davidson
        IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by cheebai View Post
          even with the wrong cue action..sometimes i can make 40 break..and just need little correction and more practising to make century..
          Stop dreaming about century. For this to happen you are going to have to live at the club...for years to come. In the other thread you wrote that you have trouble concentrating after 30 mins of play. I don't think you realize what kind of commitment is required to achieve the level of play you strive for.
          J6 may have been harsh, but he was right, your attitude is all wrong.
          So you clear pool tables with one eye...wow...I bet other people around you must laugh at you on a daily basis if you said that to someone in person...and they'd be right.
          And that practise of yours, what is that?
          Try the lineup. First you need to achieve 100+ there. I think you will find it extremely tough.

Comment

which brings the age old question: does everyone has a century in them?

Comment

Originally Posted by lbs View Post
              which brings the age old question: does everyone has a century in them?
              Possibly, if they are willing to put in the years of proper practice.
              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

CB:

Besides what has been mentioned above you have a real serious problem which you might be able to get away with on a pool table but it is killing your snooker potting. You lift your whole upper body just as you start the delivery. As soon as your upper body moves the cue will go off-line. As has been said, straighten out your bridge arm a bit and get the chin AND chest down onto the cue and then KEEP THE CHIN AND CHEST ON THE CUE AS YOU BACKSWING AND DELIVER.

You do have other minor problems which can be easily corrected, like your rhythm and timing but mostly those take a lot of practice to get right. Start with your eye rhythm as the body will follow the eyes. Somewhere near the end of the final backswing lock your eyes on the object ball. Most agree raising the eyes at the rear pause is the best way to go.

In addition slow down and lengthen your final backswing (start with slowing down the feathers and making them a bit longer but not as long as the final backswing). A trick mention by j6uk on another string and also by Steve Davis in his blog is to watch the ferrule come back on the final backswing and then at the end of it raise your eyes to the object ball. This will automatically give you a nice rear pause and should help you to DRIVE the cue through the cueball, accelerating all the way to the end of the delivery.

At the end of the delivery stay down and still with the cue extended and the grip hand against the chest (see Shaun Murphy who emphasizes this aspect).

Terry
                Terry Davidson

Comment

duplicate post
                  Terry Davidson

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                    CB:

Besides what has been mentioned above you have a real serious problem which you might be able to get away with on a pool table but it is killing your snooker potting. You lift your whole upper body just as you start the delivery. As soon as your upper body moves the cue will go off-line. As has been said, straighten out your bridge arm a bit and get the chin AND chest down onto the cue and then KEEP THE CHIN AND CHEST ON THE CUE AS YOU BACKSWING AND DELIVER.

You do have other minor problems which can be easily corrected, like your rhythm and timing but mostly those take a lot of practice to get right. Start with your eye rhythm as the body will follow the eyes. Somewhere near the end of the final backswing lock your eyes on the object ball. Most agree raising the eyes at the rear pause is the best way to go.

In addition slow down and lengthen your final backswing (start with slowing down the feathers and making them a bit longer but not as long as the final backswing). A trick mention by j6uk on another string and also by Steve Davis in his blog is to watch the ferrule come back on the final backswing and then at the end of it raise your eyes to the object ball. This will automatically give you a nice rear pause and should help you to DRIVE the cue through the cueball, accelerating all the way to the end of the delivery.

At the end of the delivery stay down and still with the cue extended and the grip hand against the chest (see Shaun Murphy who emphasizes this aspect).

Terry
                    oh my god..i cant believe the peoples in this forum are so helpful..million thanks for you guys..

Comment

Originally Posted by ace man View Post
                      Stop dreaming about century. For this to happen you are going to have to live at the club...for years to come. In the other thread you wrote that you have trouble concentrating after 30 mins of play. I don't think you realize what kind of commitment is required to achieve the level of play you strive for.
                      J6 may have been harsh, but he was right, your attitude is all wrong.
                      So you clear pool tables with one eye...wow...I bet other people around you must laugh at you on a daily basis if you said that to someone in person...and they'd be right.
                      And that practise of yours, what is that?
                      Try the lineup. First you need to achieve 100+ there. I think you will find it extremely tough.
                      I felt this is a very honest post by ace man.

CB, you looked frustrated when you missed the blue in your last video and stopped recording. This game requires a lot of patience and like what a few members had already said, try to run some drills instead of potting them at random. Check out snooker pro tips on Youtube. I found the videos posted there very useful indeed. Really listen to what the guy has to say in the videos and put them into your game.

Try not to let your frustrations get the better of you... and remember to enjoy playing... :snooker:
                      When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back. GET MAD!!

Comment

Working...
                      X