Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1970's 1pc Riley Burwat Ltd John Spencer Silver Badge Cue with " L" Weight Stamp on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1970's 1pc Riley Burwat Ltd John Spencer Silver Badge Cue with " L" Weight Stamp on

Here I have a 1pc 1970's Riley Burwat Ltd John Spencer Silver Badge Cue "Accrington & Branches" in Original Condition not been Touched for many years and has the Weight Stamp "L" on the Shaft.

Specs of the Cue..........

Length: 57" 3/4
    Tip: 10.4mm
    Weight: 14.7oz
    Butt: 30.35mm

The cue hasnt been used or touched for over 20yrs but does need abit of work as pictures show if you want to make it back to its original new condition but as most collectors would only want it in there collection as the condition it is in now USED thats why i havent touched it.

I spoken to Andy Hunter recently and he confirmed the date and said a few Interesting people collecting these at the moment because of the silver badges including Gordon Radford!

I was going to send it away to Tony Glover but decided to send a different one now so this is not Needed! If your after one of these for your collection please get in touch i May Swap What have you! .......... I tried to use Panjo couldnt get it to work.

I can get alot better pics if needed just took these quickly with iphone to show the Cue.

Gaz.

Seen loads of these in the past but a nice cue nevertheless

Comment

Leo i have been Buying/Selling and Collecting Cues for over 30+yrs and I havent seen many of these 1pc 1970's Riley Burwat Ltd John Spencer Silver Badge Cue "Accrington & Branches" with " L" Weight Stamp on!!

I think your getting mixed up with other types which arent the same and quite common which are the Powerglide Range Rex Williams etc which was later 1980's without "L" Weight Stamp on shaft.

Gaz.
      Last edited by gazza147; 13 October 2014, 04:42 PM.

Comment

Originally Posted by gazza147 View Post
        Leo i have been Buying/Selling and Collecting Cues for over 30+yrs and I havent seen many of these 1pc 1970's Riley Burwat Ltd John Spencer Silver Badge Cue "Accrington & Branches" with " L" Weight Stamp on!! i think your getting mixed up with other types which arent the same Including the Powerglide Range Rex Williams etc which was later 1980's without "L" Weight Stamp on shaft.

Gaz.
        Yep maybe it's the Rex Williams I've seen loads of.

Comment

Thought so........lol.... As i have had many of them myself.

They are alot more common the Powerglide Range althou they are also getting alittle harder to come across these days.

E J Riley Ltd did make a Cue with a Silver Badge Fred Davis World Champion Cue - Accrington.... Iv'e Had a couple of them also.

Gaz.

Comment

so its for sale? how much?

Comment

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post
              I thought forum rules state you have to list the price these days.
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Old cue collector --
              Cue Sales: http://oldcues.co.uk/index.php?id=for_sale_specials
              (yes I know they're not cheap, I didn't intend them to be!..)
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by perpetualboredom View Post
                I thought forum rules state you have to list the price these days.
                only in the "items for sale" thread

Comment

1970's 1pc Riley Burwat Ltd John Spencer Silver Badge Cue with " L" Weight Stamp on

I was expecting to see a few more photos of the cue :snooker:
                  On Cue Facebook Page
                  Stuart Graham Coaching Website - On a break until March 2015
                  Ton Praram Cues UK Price List

Comment

Open to Sensible Offers! I know its not worth a fortune and dont expect that ok.

Please private message me what your thinking?

Gaz.

Originally Posted by j6uk View Post

Comment

As stated earlier more Pictures available later or tomorrow as the Pictures above was taken with iphone in back of the Car!....lol

Gaz.

Originally Posted by Stupree View Post
                      I was expecting to see a few more photos of the cue :snooker:

Comment

yeap seen quite a few of these over years. john pullman, alex higgins, fred davis and spencer.

most come with machine spliced ebony butts and colourful veneers.

i have the alex higgins one. it has M has the weight stamp

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alex-Higgi...p2047675.l2557
                        Last edited by mattyshinobi22; 13 October 2014, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Hi Matty,

Yeah the Alex Higgins one was abit later around 1982-1985 after he became world champion in 1982.

John Spencer became World Champion for the first time in 1969, 1971, 1977 thats why this one of mine is abit earlier and dated 1970's.

The Weight Stamps with "L", "M", "H" Means Light, Medium, Heavy as most people dont know this.

Gaz.
                          Last edited by gazza147; 14 October 2014, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Cheers for info Gaz. Nice cues. Maybe collector ables in future

Comment

Anybody looking to Collect this Silver Badged Cue as not needed by me now and collecting dust! as i have another Old Cue getting Re-Furbed instead.

I dont want alot so any Offer Proberly Accepted + Postage!!.....

Gaz.

Comment

Working...
                              X