Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

National County Championships (proposed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,
    The National County Championship is now open for entries. To enter this competition please go to the EASB Web Shop where you can enter and pay for the Competition. Please ensure you read the Product Description. As described please also ensure that you e-mail in your list of players including First Name, Surname, DOB, Post Code and E-Mail Address to admin@easb.co.uk . Entries where this information is not received by the closing date will not be included in the event and any refund will be less an administration fee.
    The closing date is the 31st October 2014 so please respond as soon as possible. On this closing date we will determine from the number of entries the regions and dates.
    Best Regards,
    Jeff Robinson
    Chairman

Comment

Product Description
      National County Championship
      The Championship will be open to any English County which can be one of the existing ‘Historic Counties’ or ‘Regional Authority’ as described in the Pre-Registration.
      Each County (HC or RA) must have or appoint a recognised Association with whom the EASB will communicate.
      The County Association must ensure that all Leagues, Associations and Clubs in their County are invited to be involved in the selection process for County teams.
      A County can enter more than one team.
      ENTRY FEE: £100.00 per County Team – In addition to the entry fee the County representative must e-mail to admin@easb.co.uk a full list of players including Full Name, Age, Post Code and E-mail Address. Entries will only be accepted on receipt of these details.
      CLOSING DATE: Friday 31st October, 2014
      PROVISIONAL EVENT DATES:
      All Matches to be played on a Sunday using the following dates dependent on number of entries:
      Month Date
      November 23/11/2014
      December 14/12/2014
      January 18/01/2015
      February 08/02/2015
      March 08/03/2015
      March 22/03/2015
      April 19/04/2015
      May 17/05/2015
      June 14/06/2015
      Competition Structure
      A County squad can consist of up to 24 players. All players will be registered as County Members with the EASB.
      EASB County Members will be able to enter other EASB events as a County Member at a premium rate above the EASB Standard Member rate (See other Events).
      For each match 8 players will be nominated into the team at the start of the day.
      Each of the 8 players will play 1 frame against each of the opposing team players (64 Frames)
      Competition to be split into regional groups dependant on entries and followed by National finals.
      Each County will play every other County in the Region once.
      Matches will be on an ‘as drawn’ basis with where possible, each County having an equal number of home and away matches.
      Clubs that wish to host NCC competitions must have a minimum of 4 tables and conform to EASB guidelines.
      For each event of the Competition it will be the Home team’s responsibility to appoint and fund the EASB approved TD and Referee(s).

Comment

Get registering your County guys. You've got 4 weeks & counting. It'll be a cracker

Comment

You've only got 9 days left to register your players details for the BRAND NEW EASB National County Team Championship. Log onto www.easb.co.uk & click on 'shop' for more details

Comment

Proposed? nah! this is now REAL!

Hi TSF. It gives me a great deal of satisfaction to know that I was responsible for approaching the EASB with our wish for this to go national. As our initial friendlies against Derby were the springboard for the growing interest we now see in the midlands.
            I would personally like to thank Jimmy Gratton and Danny Cooper from Derby for suggesting that we tackle the participation issues in this way here in Staffs.
            Good luck to everyone who enters this competition and long may it continue.

Staffordshire County Snooker.
            Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
            https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Really looking forward to this event too Simon. Still can't believe that my crazy original idea of a Midlands 4 man Super League has grown into a National Championship & is now part of the EASB calendar. Really appreciate you contacting JH of the EASB & if that meeting I arranged in Cueball all those months ago hadn't have happened. I think we would all still be playing friendlies which is what Notts & Derbyshire have been doing for the past 5 & a half years. Also, without the governing body on board. I don't think this would have been sustainable. I'd also like to thank JG for helping me to get this off the ground. The man has done a great job for Derbyshire snooker.
              So good luck to all who enter. Hope to meet up with some of you & put a face to the name
              Last edited by Tony Morgan; 23 October 2014, 04:54 PM.

Comment

It's a shame that we didn't adopt your 4 man super league idea. As we'd already passed that stage with our county friendly setups. Having shirts made and refreshing peoples awareness in their respective areas. It was just too little, too late.

We are now working on rebuilding league snooker in Stoke-on-trent. Which should have a positive impact on the county.
                Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

This new championship should have a positive impact on ALL Counties up & down the country. This new league format is the 8 man version of my original idea with 1 or 2 tweaks from the meetings that we had with some of the other County representatives & the EASB (Jeff Robinson & John Hartley). So with all the hard work I put in to get this off the ground it will pay dividends for all of us
                  Last edited by Tony Morgan; 23 October 2014, 04:56 PM.

Comment

The EASB registration for County teams closes FRIDAY 31st OCTOBER. Teams MUST pay (£100 per team) & register their players by this date. NO PAY NO PLAY. DO NOT MISS OUT. Please share with anyone else you know who is involved with County snooker

Comment

only 2 days remaining to register your county team everyone
                      Last edited by Tony Morgan; 29 October 2014, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Less than 24 hours remaining to pay & register your teams details with the EASB. Details should be sent to admin@easb.co.uk. There's been lots & lots of talk about this becoming a reality. Now it's happening. This is your chance for you to be part of it.

Comment

This is now up & running. Draw was made a few days ago. More info on www.easb.co.uk. Those of you that didn't enter. Suppose you'll have to wait until next season. Those of you that did. Looking forward to meeting you

Comment

So, tomorrow's the big day... the first round of matches across the country!

Comment

I think this tourney, kicked off last Sunday , our county Lads(well we struggled for a team for one reason or another) played Leicester and lost 39-25, I think, which to be fair that wasn't bad considering at least three of our best players didn't play, but on the day the Leicester lads were well worth the win and the standard of snooker was excellent, looking forward to the next game , I might even cadge a lift to the away match, could be in Preston ( not against Preston but it's around halfway for both teams, can't remember who it's against) I hope this comp lasts as it was a great start , best of luck to the organisers.
                              This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                              https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Hi itsnoteasy, glad you guys enjoyed last Sunday. We (Notts A) were home against a strong Staffordshire side & we won 44-30 (includes the 10 bonus frames/points). I too had 2 players pull out (1 pulled out at 10.50pm the night before & the other at 01.32am the morning of) plenty of notice given. NOT. There was lots of scrambling around trying to find players but hey ho. I luckily managed it though. Hopefully we'll have a fully strengthened team for the next match in January. Really hoping that more teams enter next year so that it becomes more regional before the play-offs.

Comment

Working...
                                X