No announcement yet.

j6uk banned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I certainly agree with the fact that J6 put just a one shot video up. What use is that to players that want to learn, absolutely no use of course.

I had a few wind ups with J6 but nothing bad and I considered it more banter than anything else.
    JP Majestic
    3/4
    57"
    17oz
    9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
      I certainly agree with the fact that J6 put just a one shot video up. What use is that to players that want to learn, absolutely no use of course.

I had a few wind ups with J6 but nothing bad and I considered it more banter than anything else.
      the shot j6 put up was not a indication of his game but was an attempt to replicate a shot that terry was faced with in a comp

Comment

Originally Posted by Phil C View Post

I know someone like this. Got banned when a snooker ball nearly hit an 82 year old fella in the head at about 50mph.
        Nearly doesn't count, should have had the ball put back and tried again with a bit more side?
        No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

When can we have whirlwind wayne back, im sure many of us miss him! What was that dirty harry quote he put up???brilliant.

Comment

now hears my tuppance on putting videos up of yourself, these are usually in responce to coaching queries, if people would stop asking unanswerable questions on their own technique but instead do their own research after all there is a plethora of videos available on the web. dont send your videos here send them to a coach, that would save the hassle of constant conflicting replies. i have tried to give advice on technique and its doubtful, that it would be of help because you have no idea how its being interpretated, there is no one way to play this game no one way to hold the cue and no one way to run the balls. i watched terry play snooker in that match and knew he wished he could take back 30 years but he cant he's playing with what he's got, i can see he can play but he's come to terms with the fact that he cant reproduce the game of his youth, who can, after all hendry retired because he cant and he's still a youth! terrys still playing the game he loves and fair play to him but and its a big but he must be allowed to give advice to do things he can't do himself because he once could i know I've seen him! as for j6 if all you want to do is look at other peoples fancy bats or debate if 9.4tips are better than 9.5 or coffees better than tea for practice then you'll not miss him, me personally this forum has lost a valuable contributer, if he comes back I'm gonna send him a dictionary

Comment

Originally Posted by golferson123 View Post
              now hears my tuppance on putting videos up of yourself, these are usually in responce to coaching queries, if people would stop asking unanswerable questions on their own technique but instead do their own research after all there is a plethora of videos available on the web. dont send your videos here send them to a coach, that would save the hassle of constant conflicting replies. i have tried to give advice on technique and its doubtful, that it would be of help because you have no idea how its being interpretated, there is no one way to play this game no one way to hold the cue and no one way to run the balls. i watched terry play snooker in that match and knew he wished he could take back 30 years but he cant he's playing with what he's got, i can see he can play but he's come to terms with the fact that he cant reproduce the game of his youth, who can, after all hendry retired because he cant and he's still a youth! terrys still playing the game he loves and fair play to him but and its a big but he must be allowed to give advice to do things he can't do himself because he once could i know I've seen him! as for j6 if all you want to do is look at other peoples fancy bats or debate if 9.4tips are better than 9.5 or coffees better than tea for practice then you'll not miss him, me personally this forum has lost a valuable contributer, if he comes back I'm gonna send him a dictionary
              Think a thesaurus would be a more appropriate gift?
              No one is listening until you make a mistake!

Comment

I'm not giving him it I'm from up north

Comment

everybody bends the rules once in a while but j6 was clearly abusing them and it was always going to end up with a ban!
                  https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

golferson:

I like coffee more than tea and that's what I recommend to my students. I also prefer a 9.4mm to a 9.5mm but for a beginner I recommend a 9.6mm since I'm sure that will make a BIG difference along with the coffee of course!

And I agree with you...'I'm not as good as I once was (80's) but I'm as good as I was ONCE' or as Clint said in Unforgiven, 'a man's got to know his limitations'. (and play within them)

Nothing worse than reading some kid's critique on my technique and thinking 'wait until you're 30yrs older kid' and then there's nothing better than whomping some of these smart-ass kids in a match.

Terry
                    Terry Davidson
                    IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

All that technique stuff aside, I do admire your competitive spirit Terry, you go halfway round the world for a game, we can't get five to turn up on a Tuesday night, and they are half your age.
                      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
                        Nothing worse than reading some kid's critique on my technique and thinking 'wait until you're 30yrs older kid' and then there's nothing better than whomping some of these smart-ass kids in a match.
                        nice sentiment Terry but if the kid is 30 yrs older, aren't you too? but here's hoping you can still whomp those smart-asses when you're well into your 90's

back to j6uk, I'm sad but I guess I'll get over him not being on the forum ... I'll just have to find someone else to argue with lol ... tedisbill, I've got a bone to pick with you about you always altering my posts :angry:

Comment

Originally Posted by DandyA View Post
                          back to j6uk, I'm sad but I guess I'll get over him not being on the forum ... I'll just have to find someone else to argue with lol ... tedisbill, I've got a bone to pick with you about you always altering my posts :angry:
                          Haha!

I can feel your anger from here. You do seem very, very annoyed. Maybe you should call me a naughty word?
                          WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                          Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                          --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                            Haha! I can feel your anger from here. You do seem very, very annoyed. Maybe you should call me a naughty word?
                            well I'm even more angry now since you didn't alter my post above ... tedisbill ... you are ... I'm struggling to think of a naughty enough word ... tedisbill ... you are a ... ha! I've got it! tedisbill, you are a stonkonpifficker!!!!!!!
                            Last edited by DandyA; 22 October 2014, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Think Ferret needs to take a look at this thread. It's all getting out of hand again.
                              WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
                              Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
                                Think Ferret needs to take a look at this thread. It's all getting out of hand again.
                                hee hee! I think ferret should give me a medal ... when the Google indexing bot thingy notices this page, TSF will be #1 on the search listings for anyone who Googles for "stonkonpifficker" ...

also to note this thread is in the "off topic chat" forum so the relevant words here are off, topic, chat and of course, stonkonpifficker
                                Last edited by DandyA; 23 October 2014, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X