Acuerate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acuerate

Hi, just wanna check, anyone using Acuerate here? how do u find it?
    Stephen Hendry, the Golden Boy

A few years back ( Acueate 147 ). I gave it to my brother and he sold it.
    Bad quality shaft. The cue feels too light and Poorly balanced.
    But, I've also heard good reviews by other players (not many of them but .....)
    Personally, I find the cue way too expensive for that price.

Comment

im asking because I have a second hand Acuerate 147 for years, just thinking if it is a good cue afterall, since I have not had any other custom-made cues before, so i wouldnt know the difference. i got to agree that it feels rather light to me, however I have got quite a good feeling when I play with it.

oh, it is slightly bent as well. is there any thing that I can do to make it straight again? it was already bent when I got it.

And I have no storage area for the cue, so it is always in the case and I leave it lying flat on the ground. will that be ok?

Comment

Well, if it suits your game, that's the main !!! as I said, not for me. I think for that price, other brands as phonix cues are better. As far as I know, if the cue is bent ,,you can'nt do much about it to fix it !!!! you might want to ask JRC about this !!!! usually when the cue is in case, is safe and good enough. the difference of Temp (cold, warm ) can also be The cause of benting !!!

Comment

haha for the price i got it, i cant complain much i guess. pardon me, who is JRC?

Comment

I know, I was talking about new one !!! Sorry. JRC 170 A member of this forum. if I'm not mistaken, he was talking about this topic in another thread. Anyway ,, you can pm him. maybe he can give you som advice !!! Goodluk !!!!!

Comment

Cues can be straightened easily enough, but it's best left to someone who knows how to do it

Comment

When Nic Barrow first refused to endorse the Acuerates and then when they modified them and he did endorse them as one of Nic's Examiners I felt I should get one and support the cause. I am extremely disappointed in the 'new' Acuerate cues as the workmanship just isn't there for the price I paid and also the cue just doesn't play very well in my opinion. I am seriously thinking of taking the middle part of the shaft down as it is seriously thick, much thicker than my MW which plays very well.

I bought the 'Pro' model which with shipping and duty came to well over E500 and as for the crappy soft case it came in that is not much use at all (at least for me). The cue looks good as long as you don't examine it too closely. If I could get a refund I would.

Terry
                Terry Davidson
                IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Well,,what they say is : the cue helps the player against putting som unintentional side on the CB ( if i'm not mistaking ).
                  I have noticed none of that !!!

Comment

Working...
                  X