Riley Aristocrat Tournament Champion v Burroughes and Watts table

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Geoff Large View Post
    Always thought from old photo's in the slate quarries of wales ( not Italy ) that the slate is cut in sections from a solid block not one length , then the underside side it roughly leveled before they cut each to the same size to form 5 equal parts then doweled jointed .
    then diamond honed level , if they are for match tables they should then be Hand floated to get the tolerance and diamond circular honing marks out required for a precise level .
    I would suggest that the slate even form Italy is hard to get now , so you have a choice to import slate beds for snooker and pool tables , Brazil or China are I am informed the latest suppliers .
    now I do not import tables or slate but I have noticed more and more tables manufactured since the 1980's on wards have very soft slate beds now .
    for £13k or there about I would have thought Riley's would us the best slate available and that is Welsh slate .

A table selling for that amount with soft slate on , is I would say just not up to standard or build quality but hen again even Star tables are not up to it , I have seen many tables with bad slates on them over the years many built around the 1980's onward's
    I will say most Match Quality Riley Aristocrats have good slate's on them for level from New , but are still manufactured out of the softer slate , This baffles me when they can give a 25 year warranty on the slate bed
    they should all have adjustable slate bearers on them to stop sagging , but if I could give you any advice on this soft slate it is , DO NOT PUT HEAT UNDER THEM . short term it is ok , but years of heating will warp the slate and that's form over 40 years of experience fitting .

the sooner we take control of quality and start manufacturing a table back here in the UK out of UK sourced slate beds the better .

just my view
    Here here Geoff!
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

Thank you Cue Crafty that's exactly it. I have always practiced on a match table it's just whatever you get used to.

Comment

Thanks Geoff, I'll keep an eye out for the slate warping. If it does, then I'll get it replaced with the 25 year guarantee.

Comment

They say when you want a bus none come , then when you do not two come along at the same time .

as most of you know i do not get involved in buying and selling tables but i do get a lot of private people phoning up to dispose or sell tables as Private sales .

I have a enough of my time taken up with moving these tables and maintaining tables to get involved with selling them .

but I have two people who have contacted me this last few days selling their Riley Aristocrat steel cushioned tables , one is now up with photo's on my web site as a Private sale .
          the sale has nothing to do with GCL billiards , it is just me helping along a private seller in finding a buyer for them , of course if they wish to employ a fitter to dismantle and relocate the table then I could offer my services for this .

anyway here is the Private sale table which is in Wolverhampton http://gclbilliards.com/full-size-ri...wolverhampton/
          [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

I woud love a job fitting tables i whish i coud work with a table fitter for a day free of charge
            Current playing cue Trevor White
            3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
              I woud love a job fitting tables i whish i coud work with a table fitter for a day free of charge
              I did this last year for a couple of days to recover 2 tables.

Got to say I really enjoyed it and learned a lot. Seeing how the table is constructed and being able to do part of the work shows you that it certainly looks a lot easier than it is.

You've also got to remember that there are lots of different table, cushion and cloth types out there as well!
              Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
              Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
              Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Geoff and other fitters tell you it's difficult. I assembled a table and 4 chairs from IKEA once and it wasn't too hard. It's all the same principle.
                王可

Comment

Lol yes it would be good to try it
                  Current playing cue Trevor White
                  3/4 ash cue

Comment

2nd Riley Private sale Genuine Match play Aristocrat has come up for Offers

http://gclbilliards.com/genuine-rile...teel-cushions/
                    [/SIGPIC]http://www.gclbilliards.com

Comment

Originally Posted by philip in china View Post
                      Geoff and other fitters tell you it's difficult. I assembled a table and 4 chairs from IKEA once and it wasn't too hard. It's all the same principle.
                      Make sure you don't lose the allen key though.

Comment

do you have any BCE westbury steel block cushions Geoff ?

Comment

Hi Maryfield,
                          I would like to get a Riley Aristocrat Tournament Champion Snooker Table in my home and am looking into costs.
                          Do you still supply and fit - do you have access to any at the moment, and how much would it cost? Do you have a website?
                          Best wishes,
                          toni

Comment

Did you message me yesterday ? I do have one available. Give me a call 07737530727

Comment

Working...
                            X