Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Video: Snooker 'The Grip'

Hi everyone!

My latest video is now on YouTube, with a more detailed look at the grip and how it works on the shot.

If you find the video useful, please give it a like and consider subscribing to the channel for lots more videos!

WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Another great video Stevie I am.trying to play most shots firm.and positive and it's trying to stop deceleration on shots.sems to be helping me so far
    Current playing cue Trevor White
    3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
      Another great video Stevie I am.trying to play most shots firm.and positive and it's trying to stop deceleration on shots.sems to be helping me so far
      Good stuff Stevie!

I think trying to pick a shot where you can deliver the cue properly and with authority is very important. Sometimes we pick a shot that's not really on, and that's when we tend to decelerate a little bit.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this video. I know the grip mustn’t be tight but still hold it that way subconsciously on the backswing and delivery until I realise and loosen it but not always. This video will help make it a routine.

Comment

Hello sir,
          I got a doubt.. I am a beginner and capable of 20 break.. I used to play regularly but suddenly on someday when I hold the cue I get an awkward feeling by gripping itself I am not gonna play shots comfortably and I end up playing bad with a lot of miscue during screw shots.. Is that common to all players?
          Another doubt is, my cue action is a little bit odd.. When I am cueing my hand is not straight behind my head it comes a lot outside but still I play shots properly but when I try to adjust my hand to fit straight back to my head I feel a lot uncomfortable.. Is this a major problem, should I change my cue action?

Comment

Hi. I would try and get a good conventional setup. Because you are just starting out, you might as well begin practicing while doing the correct things.

If you can, I would film yourself and then try to see what it is that's causing you to look a bit unusual on the shot.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Originally Posted by ashelf View Post
              Hello sir,
              I got a doubt.. I am a beginner and capable of 20 break.. I used to play regularly but suddenly on someday when I hold the cue I get an awkward feeling by gripping itself I am not gonna play shots comfortably and I end up playing bad with a lot of miscue during screw shots.. Is that common to all players?
              Another doubt is, my cue action is a little bit odd.. When I am cueing my hand is not straight behind my head it comes a lot outside but still I play shots properly but when I try to adjust my hand to fit straight back to my head I feel a lot uncomfortable.. Is this a major problem, should I change my cue action?
              Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
              Hi. I would try and get a good conventional setup. Because you are just starting out, you might as well begin practicing while doing the correct things.

If you can, I would film yourself and then try to see what it is that's causing you to look a bit unusual on the shot.

Hope that helps!
              Wow Steve! you understood that ?
              Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
              but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

Wow, that's good.
                I run a windscreen repair shop and in my workshop, we play snooker of free time.
                Glass Repair & Replacement

Comment

any pictures of your workshop/snooker hall? :biggrin:
                  Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Not at this time but I can send you.
                    Glass Repair & Replacement

Comment

How do I send you a we grip video I did today stevie
                      3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
                        How do I send you a we grip video I did today stevie
                        You can send it on WhatsApp if you like. My phone number is on my website

Comment

Ok pal will do
                          3/4 ash cue

Comment

Sent it stevie post your thoughts and be honest
                            3/4 ash cue

Comment

Working...
                            X