Pink Ribbon 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by JohnF14722 View Post
    Are you the guy that I spoke to from near Birmingham?
    Hi John! Yes that's me. I play in Bloxwich.

You played great mate from bits I saw. Great cue ball control knocking in some nice breaks.

Good to meet you
    WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
    Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by tedisbill View Post
      Hi John! Yes that's me. I play in Bloxwich.

You played great mate from bits I saw. Great cue ball control knocking in some nice breaks.

Good to meet you
      Likewise

I'll have to try and get down for a practice some time! Rob did great getting to the final!

Comment

Likewise

I'll have to try and get down for a practice some time! Rob did great getting to the final!
        I've always rated Rob as a player, but not seen anything of him for a few years now.

SWSA seemed somewhat dead on Thursday and Friday this year: not the usual buzz at all.
        Duplicate of banned account deleted

Comment

Well done John, it's one hell of a difference knocking in breaks in the club compared to the pressure of a top comp like that and double hard when you know the player behind you can clear up if you miss. I'm very impressed with all the lads who played in it from here some quality stuff.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by Londonlad147 View Post
            I've always rated Rob as a player, but not seen anything of him for a few years now.

SWSA seemed somewhat dead on Thursday and Friday this year: not the usual buzz at all.
            Fully agree mate. Seemed more like a Sunday handicap tournament than the pink ribbon. Fewer entries this year and I don't really know what the reason for that would be to be honest.
            WPBSA Level 2 - 1st4Sport Coach
            Available for personalised one-to-one coaching sessions
            --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Fully agree mate. Seemed more like a Sunday handicap tournament than the pink ribbon. Fewer entries this year and I don't really know what the reason for that would be to be honest.
              This was the first time I've been, however I was a little disappointed by the lack of top pros turning up. I suppose they don't get much time off in the year but it's for a good cause!

Comment

This was the first time I've been, however I was a little disappointed by the lack of top pros turning up. I suppose they don't get much time off in the year but it's for a good cause!
                Yes, just 11 proper pros in the end. Shame so many dropped out within the last week. Part of the reason is that Paul Mount isn't running On-Q Promotions any more, thus not having any leverage on the 20-odd pros they managed. A number of the regulars were on a stag weekend, and as you say, June is a rare month where many can take a week or two off.

Comment

I think part of the reason is the venue has lost that 'something special' when it reconfigured, with just the one big room now. Tables are quite tight for space, and it really is just an up-market club. Moving to best of fives for the amateur rounds also seems to have deterred some of the more serious amateurs. Having said that, from a logistics point of view Bo5s are so much easier: I think the longest matches were around 2½ hours, whereas over 4 hours used to be quite common for Bo7s.

Comment

I feel like a plonker for making a big deal out of it and then not playing because it turned out to be my best mates 40th birthday outing. I knew I would be severely thrashed but was still up for it because of the charity aspect.
                    www.mixcloud.com/jfd

Comment

Working...
                    X