No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Finland!

Snooker fan here, I used to watch it occasionally but I've been following it more actively for about a year now.
    Played pool quite actively about 15 years ago for a couple of years, but lack of time, decent tables and training buddies got me out of the game. I promised myself that I would start practicing snooker someday so here I am...

Right now, I'm practicing solo and really enjoying it! I have some practice routines that I've found online and they give me a decent challenge at the moment.

So, I'm going to keep reading the forum and possibly at some point might even ask a question or two

Welcome to TSF .

Are there many snooker tables in Finland ? Easy to get to ?

What cue are you currently using ?
    Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Originally Posted by neil taperell View Post
      Welcome to TSF .

Are there many snooker tables in Finland ? Easy to get to ?

What cue are you currently using ?
      Right now I practice at bar that has 1 10ft star table, there's some billiard clubs at my city that have snooker tables so might join one some day. Bigger cities have more snooker tables available.
      I'm playing with house cue right now but I'm interested in buying my own at some point. I've been reading a lot of cue topics here...

Comment

Welcome aboard. Perhaps we may chat hockey someday.
        lol
        gpfan

:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by gpfan View Post
          Welcome aboard. Perhaps we may chat hockey someday.
          lol
          Don't know much about hockey, sorry... but I liked the documentary called Red Army that was about soviet union hockey team.

We have a lot of good hockey players but we also have one snooker pro, Robin Hull. Also, some young promising players like Heikki Niva(Q-school) and Patrik Tiihonen(I think he's 17 or so). Most famous pool player is Mika Immonen who won world championship at least in 9-ball in early 2000's. Lots of people follow snooker in Finland, so there's hope!

Comment

You do realize that I'm a Canadian, and from what I've been lead to believe, hockey is the most popular sport in Finland.

Sorry if I have offended you.
            gpfan

:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by gpfan View Post
              You do realize that I'm a Canadian, and from what I've been lead to believe, hockey is the most popular sport in Finland.

Sorry if I have offended you.
              You haven't offended me, so no problem
              You are right, hockey is a really big sport in here and it is the most popular one. I do go see hockey games occasionally but I don't follow it on regular basis.

Visiting Canada is in my to do- list

Comment

Working...
              X