No announcement yet.

4 yr wait for a JP Ultimate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

31st August John rang me to say cue would be ready mid to late September, he said the butt has been spliced up..I ask for a single face splice to ne added ( very last minute alteration) hope that's not going to added another 6 months lol..If I was you I'd give him another ring mate.

Comment

Mad waiting times!..when I placed the order it said 12 months..then slowly it went up and up to 56 months..mind you think it has now dropped down a bit to 50 months, so not quite as bad lol

Comment

Originally Posted by Stevie1 View Post
        Are none of the guys on here that work in parris cues or woud john not alow them.?

I would have thought the privacy t/c's in their working contract is quite strict. Just like other working areas too.

Never seen a post on TSF stating they work on the cues either..

Met John and he was really nice. You just know your cue is in good hands and the repair job on my Majestic was first class. In fact the whole cue came back better looking..
        JP Majestic
        3/4
        57"
        17oz
        9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
          I am too cheap to order a Parris Ultimate and have never even tried a shot with one, besides which in 5yrs I would be 77yrs old!. I make do with my custom MW and it has been a great cue and I would never wait up to 5 years for a cue because in those 5 years my specs would likely change anyway as my game developed (this is if I was younger).
          You will still be banging you balls about, Tel, at 77yrs young, hahaha..
          JP Majestic
          3/4
          57"
          17oz
          9.5mm Elk

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
            I would have thought the privacy t/c's in their working contract is quite strict. Just like other working areas too.

Never seen a post on TSF stating they work on the cues either..

Met John and he was really nice. You just know your cue is in good hands and the repair job on my Majestic was first class. In fact the whole cue came back better looking..
            Yes i would imagine it would be i still say i should have got a parris cue
            Current playing cue Trevor White
            3/4 ash cue

Comment

I was looking at some of the ready mades, Steve. They were classics and professionals, I think. And the grain on them were really nice too. If you were local it would have been worth a look..
              JP Majestic
              3/4
              57"
              17oz
              9.5mm Elk

Comment

Am way up in Glasgow pall
                3/4 ash cue

Comment

a fool and his money lol

Comment

Originally Posted by MinnesotaSlim85 View Post
                    31st August John rang me to say cue would be ready mid to late September, he said the butt has been spliced up..I ask for a single face splice to ne added ( very last minute alteration) hope that's not going to added another 6 months lol..If I was you I'd give him another ring mate.
                    I e-mailed last time because when I phoned before they told me he wasn't in and its best to e-mail for an update. Guess what, no reply! I am just now going to wait until I get the e-mail telling me its finished, then I'll decide whether to pay off the balance or forget about it. In all honesty I'd prefer to tell him to shove his cue but I may as well have it and sell it on for a tidy profit.

I'm still using my maximus ultimate and to be honest they are the best playing cues available IMO. Can't see any JPU being better.

Comment

Congratulations, are you going to keep your majestic.? I ordered a plain jane maple and black ebony and waited almost 2 years, its a paragon. I never used it, and would sell it for half of what you paid, plus shipping. There is no market here in Canada.
                      I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Cheers sharkster.

Yep, I keep the Majestic. It a lovely player, for me anyway.

Why didn't you use the Paragon?
                        JP Majestic
                        3/4
                        57"
                        17oz
                        9.5mm Elk

Comment

Got the JPU already, guys. Its butt number is 2999 .

I do pics. Its 1.5 oz more than my 3/4 Majestic and a one piece, it does feel so different.
                          JP Majestic
                          3/4
                          57"
                          17oz
                          9.5mm Elk

Comment

Good number get pics up
                            3/4 ash cue

Comment

Originally Posted by cueman View Post
                              I e-mailed last time because when I phoned before they told me he wasn't in and its best to e-mail for an update. Guess what, no reply! I am just now going to wait until I get the e-mail telling me its finished, then I'll decide whether to pay off the balance or forget about it. In all honesty I'd prefer to tell him to shove his cue but I may as well have it and sell it on for a tidy profit.

I'm still using my maximus ultimate and to be honest they are the best playing cues available IMO. Can't see any JPU being better.
                              the problem is while you're waiting (4-5 years), you play with that Maximus ( or any other cue ,for that matter ) , and get used to it.
                              It's realy hard to get used to a new cue, imo.

And yeah, Maximus are generally great players . agreed .

Comment

Originally Posted by throtts View Post
                                Got the JPU already, guys. Its butt number is 2999 .

I do pics. Its 1.5 oz more than my 3/4 Majestic and a one piece, it does feel so different.
                                What's the balance point if you get the chance as my jpu is due to be the similar specs ?

Comment

Working...
                                X