dead cushions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dead cushions

the table I currently play on has very poor reaction off most cushions. ie poor bounce etc. basically they need replaced. the problem is the table does not have a makers plate etc and therefore dont know what to replace them with. would love steel block cushions, but would need to know if cushions are basically interchangeable on any table regardless of their make. it,s a table circa 1970,s I think. also what kind of money are you talking for good second hand cushions? any good info is much appreciated.:snooker:

would love to hear what the table fitters say, my two-penneth is you don't need new rails, probably just new rubbers and new cushion-cloths properly fitted. Steel rails would be nice but not necessarily and a lot cheaper to rerubber

You can post some pictures showing the table from many angles to help

you can use image sharing sites like TinyPic and ImgBB without registration and for free (you may he some "not robot type questions"; copy the "for forums" code and paste these into you TSF-post.

I look forward to seeing them

move the thread to the Tables subsection to get attention of the table-guys
    Last edited by DeanH; 4 April 2019, 11:57 AM.
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Replace them with NEW Northern Rubber. After bedding in, you will definitely notice the difference. Last time cost me around £400 + cloth.
      Highest break to date? 1

Comment

it'd be a welcome change to the cushions I often see that launch the balls into the air!

Comment

Originally Posted by qc2 View Post
          it'd be a welcome change to the cushions I often see that launch the balls into the air!
          If the balls are lauching into the air thats not dead cushions thats the height relationship between cushion and slate.
          Dead cushions it's like a dull thud and squares off and traps all the time.

Comment

yes Derek you,ve got it bang on, that,s exactly how they,re reacting. i,m looking into prices at the moment for replacement but i,m afraid their is insufficient funds at the moment
            as it,s bowling club with only one table and the upkeep of the club is the main priority.

Comment

A very reputable table fitter in these here parts told me that as a possible fix you could fit/staple a strip of cloth to the underside of the cushion that sits on the slate. As this raises the profile of the cushion nose. Or words to that effect.
              Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
              https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Originally Posted by inevermissblue View Post
                A very reputable table fitter in these here parts told me that as a possible fix you could fit/staple a strip of cloth to the underside of the cushion that sits on the slate. As this raises the profile of the cushion nose. Or words to that effect.
                would this apply to a dead cushion? seems like that would be a fix for cushions too low that bounce balls into the air

Comment

Sometimes the condition of the cloth is to blame.
                  Cheap and Cheerful! 😄
                  https://wpbsa.com/coaches/simon-seabridge/

Comment

Working...
                  X