Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sighting/alignment issue

Hi all,

Just after a few tips or ideas to help correct an issue I appear to have.

I first noticed this whilst practicing long straight blues off its spot, I'd probably pot 6/10 but with the 4 I miss I would always miss just to the left of the pocket, so I'm hitting the blue just to the right of full ball contact.

To confirm this I placed a ball on the black cushion and placed the white on the baulk line and tried to hit the object ball full ball, I was hitting the ball consistently just slightly thicker than 3/4 ball contact, again on the right side.

Anything else I can do to confirm what this issue actually is?

Thanks all!

To be honest, it could be a million things:

- Body isn't balanced
    - Bridge too far or close to the cue ball
    - Movement in your arm/elbow

Best thing to figure out what is wrong, is to either ask someone in real life (with obviously enough knowledge on correct technique) to watch you. Or film yourself from different positions to determine if you (or someone else) see anything that is wrong. Alternatively you could post a few of those videos here if you can't seem to tell what is wrong.

Comment

You could be playing across the line from left to right, which is a stance issue, or you could be imparting left hand side from the correct line which is a cueing issue, which is probably explained by movement on the shot or simply by not looking at the contact point on the object ball on delivery of the cue.

As jeepx says it could be a million things but look to the shots where it doesn't happen when everything's OK, concentrate on those as well and try to notice the difference.
      Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
      but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

6 out of 10 is very good. If you could sustain that percentage over 100 shots from both sides of the table consistently, now that would be excellent. I wouldn't worry.
        It is not an easy shot even if your technique is spot on.
        I think consistent 80+ out of 100 of these long blues would be pro or near pro territory.

Comment

Thanks all, on a good day I can do 8 out of 10, it's just when I miss it's always to the left. I've filmed myself on many occasions to try and do some self analysis. I've recently noted I've been hitting slightly right of center on the CB, but I believe I've corrected this.

Anyway, I've been practicing trying to hit a ball on the cushion full in the face from the other end of the table recently, and I think my issue is not believing that what I see when down on the shot is correct, so I subconsciously try and correct it. It looks like I'm hitting way off full ball, but if I just deliver the cue straight more often than not it will be a full ball contact. Perhaps I should be cueing more over one side of my head, but reckon that would ruin my game!

Comment

Originally Posted by vmax View Post
            You could be playing across the line from left to right, which is a stance issue
            , or you could be imparting left hand side from the correct line which is a cueing issue, which is probably explained by movement on the shot or simply by not looking at the contact point on the object ball on delivery of the cue.

As jeepx says it could be a million things but look to the shots where it doesn't happen when everything's OK, concentrate on those as well and try to notice the difference.

how can you fix this issue? i think i have the same problem but i checked my allignment using centre pocket and with 2 chalks, and my cue is right in the centre. so do you think its still the stance issue?
            my coach stood behind me, and i hit bang centre cue ball, and cue straight, no body movement. even the coach is confused at this point but he is still not agreed to move the cue towards dominant eye!

i hope you have a suggestion, tnx

Comment

Working...
            X