2019 World Snooker Championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Bit off topic but does anyone know the name of the walk on music that James Cahill and Li hang come out to, tried searching twitter and youtube but no joy?
    Cahill, Stronger, Kanye West
    Li Hang, ?
    Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

• I thought Graeme Dott coming in to Simply the Best was a trifle optimistic...

Comment

• Ronnie looked tired and played like a tired man shooting at most things trying to get the match over quickly, shame. It begs the question as to why an amateur is allowed in the world professional championship at the expense of actual pros?

Enjoying Trump v Un Nooh, lots of great pots, lots of misses, proper snooker.
        Speak up, you've got to speak up against the madness, you've got speak your mind if you dare
        but don't try to get yourself elected, for if you do you'll have to cut your hair

Comment

• Originally Posted by Mark187187 View Post
          Yes, maybe he'll find his game as well before tomorrow
          Yes, it's 7-7 now.

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
            It begs the question as to why an amateur is allowed in the world professional championship at the expense of actual pros?
            At the expense of what pros? Every "pro" not in the top 16 was in qualifying. "Amateurs" and two women were added to top up the qualifying field. People make it seem like Cahill played in his local league and then magically qualified for the Crucible and then beat O'Sullivan. It's ridiculous.

Comment

• Yeah, some "non-professional" players were added to the qualifying simply to make the numbers work, because you need 128 players to produce 16 qualifiers over three rounds, unless you want some players to receive walkovers. Why such players are actually able to get through to the Crucible is a different question though. :smile:

Comment

• Unlucky Un-Nooh, Trump wins this.

Comment

• For some reason I get the feeling the Hawkins-Li match is not quite over at 8-1. Li is a notoriously slow starter who always fights until the end, and Hawkins often has problems closing out matches. There could still be some snooker left in that one. :smile:

Comment

• Originally Posted by MrRottweiler View Post
                    I thought the same when I saw they are showing the Ronnie match. Funny you mention Red Dwarf as I pulled out my Red Dwarf V DVD earlier tonight to put on after the early finish with Dott and Bingham but that didn't quite work out. I put on Series 1 disk 2 by mistake a few weeks ago when I meant to put on series 1 disk 1 and discovered the 25 minute documentary I had never seen before. Fascinating how it all came together.
                    What's even funnier is that I'm currently on series V, too. Series 1 and 2 are my absolute favourite, though.

Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                    And sour / grapes don't come into it either do they Billy.
                    -
                    It might sound like that, Pat, but it's honestly not the case. I'm one of the minority who is genuinely indifferent about RO. He can be amazing to watch, but I truly don't lose any sleep when he exits a tournament.

To be fair my gripe isn't with RO, it's with the BBC and media in general making this out to be something far bigger than it is. I'm surprised all other programming wasn't affected' "We interrupt this programme to bring you a news flash...."
                    Last edited by Billy; 24 April 2019, 12:57 PM.
                    "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by vmax View Post
                      It begs the question as to why an amateur is allowed in the world professional championship at the expense of actual pros?
                      I think the case against an amateur being allowed entry would be stronger if they were whitewashed in the first round of qualifying. Winning 40 frames and knocking out the world no. 1 makes a strong case in favor of their inclusion.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                        It might sound like that, Pat, but it's honestly not the case. I'm one of the minority who is genuinely indifferent about RO. He can be amazing to watch, but I truly don't lose any sleep when he exits a tournament.
                        OK mate. :wink:

Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                        To be fair my gripe isn't with RO, it's with the BBC and media in general making this out to be something far bigger than it is. I'm surprised all other programming wasn't affected' "We interrupt this programme to bring you a news flash...."
                        Well to be fair Billy, it is quite a big deal, a young amateur coming through the qualifiers to beat the world No.1 (and all the rest of it) in the first round. I mean, they play endless repeats of Ronnie's matches when he wins, because he's brilliant, so it's only fair to do the same when he's beaten against all the odds by a rank outsider, because he's brilliant. Surely any neutral would see the sense in that?

-
                        Last edited by PatBlock; 24 April 2019, 03:41 PM.
                        The fast and the furious,
                        The slow and labourious,
                        All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

• Has there ever been a WC with as many ridiculous comebacks?
                          "Kryten, isn't it round about this time of year that your head goes back to the lab for retuning?"

Comment

• Originally Posted by PatBlock View Post
                            I mean, they play endless repeats of Ronnie's matches when he wins, because he's brilliant, so it's only fair to do the same when he's beaten against all the odds by a rank outsider, because he's brilliant. Surely any neutral would see the sense in that?

-
                            Not when it means sacrificing coverage of other matches. As I keep saying, yeah, Cahill's win looks good on paper, but why can't people simply accept RO didn't play well enough?

Let's see how good Cahill really is, in his next round when he's playing someone who genuinely wants to win as much as he.

Comment

• Allen is OUT.

Comment

• Originally Posted by Billy View Post
                                Not when it means sacrificing coverage of other matches. As I keep saying, yeah, Cahill's win looks good on paper, but why can't people simply accept RO didn't play well enough?
                                Why can't some people simply accept the fact that James played better than Ronnie on the day, and give the lad the credit he definitely deserves, instead of being so mean spirited?

-
                                The fast and the furious,
                                The slow and labourious,
                                All of us, glorious parts of the whole!

Comment

Working...
                                X