No announcement yet.

147 Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will upload a 1 take effort at this as I promised TomWalker147 I would...I just honestly haven't played since his thread which doesn't bode well for my attempt

Comment

Should I take part in this?

I've never attempted the max on the line up, I've had loads of 100's on it and a few 130ish clearances never counted took 1 blue and a good few pinks. Am I at the level to attempt this practice routine and join in the videos maybe if i get it?

Comment

Originally Posted by Derek P View Post

I've never attempted the max on the line up, I've had loads of 100's on it and a few 130ish clearances never counted took 1 blue and a good few pinks. Am I at the level to attempt this practice routine and join in the videos maybe if i get it?
        go for it...the guys who have uploaded apart from OP have taken from their youtube channels so already had them on film. I am going to do a 1 take honest upload if I leave myself a shot without any chance of the max I will take another ball but it will be 1 take even if I miss on 16 lol. I am not being funny with this but honestly the lads in my club will just take the pi** if I spent an evening filming myself until I completed a line up Maxi
        Last edited by dcrackers147; 30 January 2018, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Yea dude definitely have a go and post your best attempt! Just trying to spice up the forum, its all for fun and to make things more interesting anyway. 147 is just the benchmark but any attempt is worth watching imo.

Comment

Well Done Oma, you have been a busy bee.. and its paying off. Cheers Rolly C. sends from Kingston
            I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
              Well Done Oma, you have been a busy bee.. and its paying off. Cheers Rolly C. sends from Kingston
              Cheers Rolly, howve you been, hows your game?

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                Cheers Rolly, howve you been, hows your game?
                My game is not at the century mark, I have achieved a 88 and 78 against my practice partner, we make 40 - 60 breaks quite often, we play a very safe and tactical game, its good practice, try not to leave anything easy for each other. I am getting much more consistent, I don't miss as many easy pots and get my shape more often than not. I will get down and try the line up, I have never tried this. I usually play a against myself in practice, break, safety play, etc... I have a camera so you never know, I might get down and try this for a few weeks. I have the worst pain in my shoulder for last few days, i think I injured it while shoveling my driveway for the 100th time. Cheers and Well Done...

Comment

Originally Posted by sharkster63 View Post
                  My game is not at the century mark, I have achieved a 88 and 78 against my practice partner, we make 40 - 60 breaks quite often, we play a very safe and tactical game, its good practice, try not to leave anything easy for each other. I am getting much more consistent, I don't miss as many easy pots and get my shape more often than not. I will get down and try the line up, I have never tried this. I usually play a against myself in practice, break, safety play, etc... I have a camera so you never know, I might get down and try this for a few weeks. I have the worst pain in my shoulder for last few days, i think I injured it while shoveling my driveway for the 100th time. Cheers and Well Done...
                  Ah sorry bout your shoulder but good to hear your playing well and practicing. Deff give the line up a go, can be fun and challenging but come by for a few frames if you're ever in the city!

Comment

I've tried this a few nights solo got down to the 13th and 14th red a few times will give it another week to see if i can clear it if not I'll video my best attempt never tried to max the line up i always wind up taking few pinks to clear it so this has been a good new challenge for me with the line up thanks to Omamiesta for sharing.

Comment

I've tried this a few nights solo got down to the 13th and 14th red a few times will give it another week to see if i can clear it if not I'll video my best attempt never tried to max the line up i always wind up taking few pinks to clear it so this has been a good new challenge for me with the line up thanks to Omamiesta for sharing.
                      Great attempts, looks like youre getting closer. Just out of curiosity, how did you set up the reds? Its much harder having them too far up until the blue. I always have more in between pink and black and maybe just 4 above the pink and 4 below black. Easier to stay around black area that way. Good luck!

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                        Great attempts, looks like youre getting closer. Just out of curiosity, how did you set up the reds? Its much harder having them too far up until the blue. I always have more in between pink and black and maybe just 4 above the pink and 4 below black. Easier to stay around black area that way. Good luck!
                        4 below, 7 to the pink and 4 between the blue and pink as you say mate but ive done it with 3 below and 5 above at the blue aswell got close couple times aswell I'll get it sooner or later and then i'll have you to thank for giving me the challenge to do my first line up 147 i must say it has helped my cueing especially when playing high on the black i have so much confidence in that shot now literally from any angle or position high where as before it probably wasnt my strongest shot now it is up there.

Comment

4 below, 7 to the pink and 4 between the blue and pink as you say mate but ive done it with 3 below and 5 above at the blue aswell got close couple times aswell I'll get it sooner or later and then i'll have you to thank for giving me the challenge to do my first line up 147 i must say it has helped my cueing especially when playing high on the black i have so much confidence in that shot now literally from any angle or position high where as before it probably wasnt my strongest shot now it is up there.
                          Nice dude, good to hear its motivating you and you're improving.

Comment

My shoulder is getting better, thank god for modern medication. (pain relief) I should be back down practicing in a few days. I will do the same as Darek P, I will go for a couple of weeks and try to achieve or will post my best attempt. Cheers

Comment

tested a couple maple shafts for a commiisson piece this morning, and seeing as i have a new tip on my cue i though i would join in the funn..

Comment

You made some of those shots look very easy

Comment

Working...
                                X