Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Terry Davidson View Post
    Mr. P:

Nope...when using very subtle sarcasm try using emoticons since they were invented for email where there's no body language or voice to help out

Terry

Are you old enough to remember that?

Comment

Mr P:

Believe me, at 65 I'm definitely old enuff to remember working without computers and using typewriters or pen and paper! I learned my first trade (Navy Communications) using Morse Code and a typewriter.

I'm still a little suspicious of these new-fangled computer thingys and have had enough hard drive crashes to treat them with the respect I don't totally believe they warrant.

Terry
      Terry Davidson
      IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

is it true our eyes get down on the line through the middle of the ghost ball off set from the object ball contact point first before our eyes look at the cue ball , is this the correct way to aim while in the standing position ie when we get down are the eyes looking at fresh air , (the cue line ) or are we looking at the actual contact point we wish to strike but making sure the head nose and eyes are on the ghost ball line thanks

Comment

I have never, ever, heard of this method of potting by using the lights. Certainly nobody ever mentioned it when I first started to play. There is no way that method can work, in my humble opinion. It was always a matter of learning by trying and time. Eventually it will come ...... hopefully.

After my long lay off of over 36 years, I am trying again, but must agree with Terry on this - one of the problems is delivering the cue in a straight line and am wondering if it will ever come back. Then there are all the probs of old age, too .... lol.

But still I am trying and wondering if I will ever get just a little of it back.
          :snooker:

Comment

acrowot:

Try one of these 2 solutions to your problem of not being able to deliver the cue straight.

First and foremost, go see a good coach!

If that's too expensive or inconvenient then get a good video camera and video yourself and especially watch your body on those pots you miss. If you have a lot of experience and knowledge you might be able to coach yourself using video analysis.

You will need good lighting and make sure the camera captures your whole body and then watch it in slow motion or even better, frame-by-frame as that's when you really see the problems.

Terry
            Terry Davidson
            IBSF Master Coach & Examiner

Comment

Originally Posted by Acrowot View Post
              I have never, ever, heard of this method of potting by using the lights. Certainly nobody ever mentioned it when I first started to play. There is no way that method can work, in my humble opinion. It was always a matter of learning by trying and time. Eventually it will come ...... hopefully.

After my long lay off of over 36 years, I am trying again, but must agree with Terry on this - one of the problems is delivering the cue in a straight line and am wondering if it will ever come back. Then there are all the probs of old age, too .... lol.

But still I am trying and wondering if I will ever get just a little of it back.
              I have theory about age and snooker, there is no reason your game should deteriorate with age unless it is imposing some physical handicap.
              The only reasons the older players lose there edge is because of less practice and the mental desire.

I am getting my game back through sheer determination and focus, keep at it and it will come back

Comment

I find it very difficult when the aim line is towards an empty space. Is there any special method to aim at an empty space. Thanks.

Comment

front heavy cue characteristics

hi everyone... i'm new here but have been playing the game for more than 10 yrs... but there's something i still don't understand: what are the pros & cons, advantages & disadvantages of a front heavy balanced cue? what are the characteristics of a front heavy cue? thanks in advance for ur advice

Comment

hi choku, i suggest you to post your question at cue section http://www.thesnookerforum.com/board...play.php?f=101

Comment

Which foot arch inner or outer

Comment

Working...
                      X