Should I have more than 1 cue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by DeanoWolves View Post
    I'm just playing for competitive fun in leagues. I don't take it too serious, just enjoy the game (snooker more)
    I feel my snooker cue at 18oz is a tad heavy for English pool and would at 9.5mm be too twangy for 8/9 ball size. if I played pool regularly id get different cues.
    ⚪ 🔴🟡🟢🟤🔵💗⚫🕳️😎

Comment

The guys in the pool team always say I hit the ball too hard. I don't think I do but as they say I do then maybe I do

Comment

Originally Posted by old school View Post
        If you have a 3/4 , why not just get a spare shaft made for pool , cheaper option , same butt but two different cues .
        Is it really a cheap option?
        https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

I have had spare 3/4 shafts made for less than £100 only last summer . Cheap enough in my books , also if you are used to the butt diameter and are comfortable with the feel of your cue , then why not. I have a Welshpool atm with two shafts ( 9.2 mm & 10 mm ) and a team mate has a Parris Classic with two shafts ( 8.5 mm for pool & a non Parris at 10 mm ) . In my opinion its a viable option .

Comment

The guys in the pool team always say I hit the ball too hard. I don't think I do but as they say I do then maybe I do
            I'm pretty sure Gareth Potts won an English Pool world title with a snooker cue and 9.5mm tip. If you are comfortable you are hitting the balls as you'd like to I wouldn't change.

Comment

Originally Posted by old school View Post
              I have had spare 3/4 shafts made for less than £100 only last summer . Cheap enough in my books , also if you are used to the butt diameter and are comfortable with the feel of your cue , then why not. I have a Welshpool atm with two shafts ( 9.2 mm & 10 mm ) and a team mate has a Parris Classic with two shafts ( 8.5 mm for pool & a non Parris at 10 mm ) . In my opinion its a viable option .
              if you can do it for £100 then it is a decent option for sure - it will not be that from parris!
              https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/adr147

Comment

Originally Posted by ADR147 View Post
                if you can do it for £100 then it is a decent option for sure - it will not be that from parris!
                Mastercraft Cues made me up a new shaft for £80. Obviously wasn't Parris quality but was good enough for me.

Comment

Originally Posted by vjmehra View Post
                  I'm pretty sure Gareth Potts won an English Pool world title with a snooker cue and 9.5mm tip. If you are comfortable you are hitting the balls as you'd like to I wouldn't change.
                  He did, only because he'd been practising Chinese 8ball using an 11.75mm tip and didnt feel comfortable with his English 8ball cue thats 8.5mm, so used his snooker cue to win the first IPA world championship. If he'd had more time to practise he'd of used the smaller tip.
                  Different games require different cues

Comment

I'm confused and don't know what to do now, lol

Comment

I'm confused and don't know what to do now, lol
                      Welcome to TSF, you'll get used to it

Comment

You don't need to use a different cue.
                        I play more pool than snooker and know plenty of players, including a friend of mine that made the semis at the last IPA comp a few weeks ago.
                        He plays with his snooker cue, very good snooker player to...
                        I could make one for you....
                        For that one you've always wanted...
                        https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Originally Posted by Ninja.cues View Post
                          You don't need to use a different cue.
                          I play more pool than snooker and know plenty of players, including a friend of mine that made the semis at the last IPA comp a few weeks ago.
                          He plays with his snooker cue, very good snooker player to...
                          I could make one for you....
                          What price are your cues?

Comment

Will pm you but sure I can make a new shaft to if you want...
                            For that one you've always wanted...
                            https://www.facebook.com/ninjacues/

Comment

Working...
                            X