Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Oxford

Hey there,

As you can see a newbie here! I'm getting back into the game after a few years off, and finding it bloody tough to regain any form at present. Any locals may be able to help in pointing out any good clubs? I used to use the Oracle (Abingdon snooker club) but I've heard that the tables are poorly maintained now.

Look forward to hearing from anyone nearby

Hola, I only found out that Aylesbury does NOT have any snooker tables at all (which makes me as angry as anything). But I know Thame does - as far as I hear it is not bad, but I have no car, so I can't really go there and make sure.

Edit: Oh, and hi :P

Comment

Hi,

Abingdon cons club have tables as do rileys, thame is a nice club with 10 or so tables upstairs

Comment

Welcome to TSF
        Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Thanks for the replies, and introduction. Just to ask another question on the same sort of subjects, has anyone tried Rileys in Oxford (Cowley)? Work fairly local at times, but not had chance to check the club out.

Comment

Welcome, mate.................!!

Comment

Hi,

I live in oxford if you fancy a knock anytime.

Cheers

James

Comment

Rather than create a new thread, I thought I'd update through this one. Anyone local to Oxford/Didcot/Abingdon who fancies a knock?

My standard is generally poor at the moment as go through stages of playing regularly then barely getting my cue out!

Comment

Played at Rileys' Cowley 20 years ago everyday which was before take over by Rileys' In the days Nic Barrow national coach was local. Played at Thame snooker centre as well when professional Lee Richardson resident. Good clubs in those days. Can any member remember names of the 'twins' who I think played from Thame Snooker Centre. Their Mother used to give the WPBSA some grief about entry fees and how ranking tourns were managed. I played one of them in local tournament.
                  Last edited by Sir Ivanhoe; 20 February 2017, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X