Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hold the butt of the cue very lightly

Comment

Pot the reds then screw back, for the yellow green brown blue pink and black !!

Comment

Advise I received from Patty Morgan when I mentioned I played my best snooker when the tip (elk) needed replacing. He advised me to look around the snooker room for a tip that was really worn in, remove it and use it. I found that to be the best advise I ever had and have NEVER used a new tip since. Most of the clubs used ELK because they were the cheapest, little did they know they were by far the best tip available. I'm 76, still use a worn Elk and give players half my age start, I also won the Champions of Champions trophy at City Tatt's club in Sydney.
        Last edited by blinky88; 19 June 2015, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Take up golf instead?

Comment

dont over think the shot

Comment

If you pot red then brown, just foul the black for a one four seven

Comment

Play against the table not the player.
                I try hard, play hard and dont always succeed, at first.!!!!:snooker:

Comment

Great bit of advice when you're in amongst the reds. A perfect stun shot will always come off the object ball at 90 degrees.

Comment

Most important: Enjoy the game! In the end we all play snooker for fun and for nothing else. Sometimes we seem to forget about that.

Comment

Every shot is the first shot, keep your rhythm.

Comment

"I don't understand how you look so good but play so bad, "said to me when I was seventeen and put me off for thirty years, but he was right as it's still the same
                        This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
                        https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

give yourself options, try to play for more than one ball.

Comment

"Your favourite snooker advice?"

"Don't take up snooker."

Oddly enough, it is very similar to the best golf advice I ever got.
                            gpfan

:snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by OmaMiesta View Post
                              Best advice I was told from my coach has to be the elbow drop (for players with longer strokes) and chest pressure to keep the cue straight during the follow through.
                              Sorry but this obsession with dropping the elbow made famous by ROS and coached by Del Hill is not something players who have never made century breaks should be aspiring to include in their action. A reliable compact action and correct cueball line should be the focus. If you need to get so much action on the white that you have to drive the cue through and drop your elbow regularly then you need to work on your positional play. Do yourselves a favour and watch a Marco Fu century. To implement the Del drive effectively and consistently you already need to be a skilled cueist, have a good level of coordination and know how......

On the best bit of advice I have 2

1.Keep your chin on the cue even after the pot
                              2. Keep your bridge hand still

Comment

Originally Posted by pottr View Post
                                "Where do I want the white?"

Only thought worth having.
                                I like that a lot!

I was once told to get my tip closer to the cue ball during feathering and it increased my accuracy for certain.

Comment

Working...
                                X