Hi from Manchester, also cue help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Manchester, also cue help

Hello all, living in Manchester and played a little when I was younger, recently started playing every Thursday for the past three weeks and it's all i keep thinking about! Just want to play constantly, even though I'm not very good.

Went to Steven Charles in the town centre the other night for the first time and really liked it, anybody play here?

Also wondering if anybody from Manchester has been to the snooker shop for cues in levenshulme and any advice on buying? Thinking of taking a drive down next week to pick one up and hopefully start playing a lot more, but don't know anyone willing to play more than once a week sadly!

Cheers

Hi, in terms of location im unfamiliar with manchester but in regards of buying a cue. anywhere! as long as you can try before you buy is my advice.

Comment

Hi from Manchester, also cue help

welcome to TSF, I think you have found the right place for the constant snooker thinkers

I have only dealt with that shop by phone/email, they have always been good.
      good luck, let us know what you think
      Up the TSF! :snooker:

Comment

Haha cheers for the welcome guys! And honestly most people would probably be happy playing once a week but I can't stop thinking about it! Just wanna pot some balls, even if that is a rare occurrence 😛

Comment

welcome to TSF . :snooker:

Comment

Originally Posted by Millzee View Post
            Haha cheers for the welcome guys! And honestly most people would probably be happy playing once a week but I can't stop thinking about it! Just wanna pot some balls, even if that is a rare occurrence ��
            Hi Millzee

Welcome!

Any cue advice at all please feel free to drop is an email at info@henryjackcues.co.uk

If we can't help we will point you to who can :-)
            For all your cue needs - www.henryjackcues.co.uk
            Handmade to order in England to your specification
            Plus selection of used cues - or cue finder facility - get in touch!

Comment

snooker shop at levenshulme is an absolute goldmine, just dont go on a wednesday as its shut! had a couple of cues from there in the past and both were good value and decent players.

as for clubs, not tried simon charles but hear decent things of it, i play at radcliffe central (abden street) when i can, good bunch of lads and active snooker teams in there for the bury league.

Comment

Hello all, living in Manchester and played a little when I was younger, recently started playing every Thursday for the past three weeks and it's all i keep thinking about! Just want to play constantly, even though I'm not very good.

Went to Steven Charles in the town centre the other night for the first time and really liked it, anybody play here?

Also wondering if anybody from Manchester has been to the snooker shop for cues in levenshulme and any advice on buying? Thinking of taking a drive down next week to pick one up and hopefully start playing a lot more, but don't know anyone willing to play more than once a week sadly!

Cheers
                Hello millzee
                The snooker shop is great and Bruce (owner) is a real old school stand up geezer. He doesn't try to sell you on anything and is happy for you to try as many cues as you like.

Some great old second hand cues as well as some fantastic new cues from some of the industries top makers.
                Note:
                Save up and make sure you have a budget you are comfortable with, otherwise you may end up spending more than you planned or leave the shop frustrated by not leaving with the cue you really want!
                ENJOY!
                "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                National Snooker Expo
                25-27 October 2019
                http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Gonna go down this week and get one, not really got a budget, don't wanna go too crazy though like, you got any recommendations?

Comment

For a snooker cue I'd go for a 9mm tip, 58 inch length. They have some good Ash 'Peradon' brand in the Levenshulme shop. Perhaps go for a 3/4 length. You'd need to spend at least £70 for a good cue that would last you a few years though. You're better off buying a cheap case on ebay unless your made of money. I'm from South Manchester and have a Maple 9mm tip snooker cue for sale if your interested for £70. Also I need players for my pool team in Stockport, pool's really popular in the UK and a lot of snooker players play both so if you fancy giving it a go or if your interested in the maple please message me. Cheers, Rick

Comment

Stockport little out the way, although I do enjoy pool! If anybody around the Salford area would like to play or practice that'd be great too, just drop me a PM! Cheers

Comment

Gonna go down this week and get one, not really got a budget, don't wanna go too crazy though like, you got any recommendations?
                        Forget names and brands. If the cue plays how you want it too £50 or £500 want make any difference to YOU!
                        Try, Buy and play for ever... :snooker:
                        "I got injected with the passion for snooker" - SQ_FLYER
                        National Snooker Expo
                        25-27 October 2019
                        http://nationalsnookerexpo.com

Comment

Originally Posted by darkromeo View Post
                          For a snooker cue I'd go for a 9mm tip....
                          For someone relatively new to the game i would say 9mm is too small, best go for a 9.5

Comment

Cheers for the advice, it's crazy really played the last three weeks on a Thursday, and since my last sessions it's all I can think about doing, just don't have anyone who plays! Just wanna pot some balls

Comment

Thought I'd give an update, went to snooker shop today and got myself a cue, peradon century so looking forward to practicing with that, I'll put a pic on the cue thread later on! Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X