Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I avoid cueing across the CB?

Hi all

I've got into a bad habit lately of cueing across the cue ball on long shots, both potting and safety shots. Has anyone got any ideas how I can rectify this? I'm thinking of maybe using my bridge fingers as a guide, i.e telling myself the cue can't go across my middle finger or something like that.

Thanks for any replies!

It could be a number of things most probably your alignment at the back you should work on this, locking points and stance grip too possibly even a loose bridge or might be an error in the way you get down...

When down keep chin on cue - bring your chest to the cue perhaps you are getting down with the cue - not to the cue (cant explain it properly but a lot of am players get down with the cue and pull it off line at the back when they get down ...
    try a few things to correct this - you could first film yourself doing a few long blues - see for yourself what the issues are.

An exercise I do is - I use baulk line put yellow on the spot get down to cue it - keeping still now - I carefully get up trying to keep the cue still on the table and check is the cue in line with the line at the back - if not work to correct it.
    Last edited by Byrom; 20 February 2017, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Just for my own curiosity, is the cue going out or in, on the way through? Sounds like it's going out, how are you playing up and down the spots at a reasonable pace?
      This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
      https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
        Just for my own curiosity, is the cue going out or in, on the way through? Sounds like it's going out, how are you playing up and down the spots at a reasonable pace?
        It's going out, haven't tried that exercise, will give it a go.

Comment

Originally Posted by Looter View Post
          It's going out, haven't tried that exercise, will give it a go.
          Do you play hand into your chest? It could be your chest just pushing your hand as you hit it, but the cue ball is long gone by then, you will get more of a clue when you play up and down the spots, play it at a reasonable pace, just hard enough for up and down sometimes doesn't show up any cueing errors, aim for at least three time up and down.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Working...
          X