Practice drills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practice drills

Anybody got some good practice drills for a beginner? Looking at improving and rather than have no set plan, I'd like to go into it with a good routine to help better my game. Any advice at all appreciated!

A few decent routines to get you into it and can always make them harder as you get better...

The traditional line up... colours on their spots with reds between black and blue. Add reds behind the black and tighter together as you get better.

Line the reds up between the two middle bags and pot straight into black pockets to work on your long cueing.

Three reds either side of the pink in a cross type set up to work on your positional play in tight situations. Try to focus on taking only pinks.

Continuous blacks off their spots always trying to maintain position for the next black. This will help you to pot the black but also to understand the speed you need to play off the back cushion.

1 red 1 black and all the colours. If you do it then add a red and go again. Keep adding reds one at a time and see how far you get.

One I like to practice is potting the blue and getting back through baulk onto reds between pink and black. Bit more advanced but would be surprised how often this comes up and how many top amateurs still hit the baulk colours.

Hope these help.

Comment

Originally Posted by Millzee View Post
      Anybody got some good practice drills for a beginner? Looking at improving and rather than have no set plan, I'd like to go into it with a good routine to help better my game. Any advice at all appreciated!
      Here's a few to help, each has an explanation.

The snooker line up
      The snooker 'T' line up
      Cue ball control
      Potting long blues
      Cueing over spots
      Potting the black ball
      Straight potting reds
      12 reds challenge
      Potting long reds
      Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
      Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
      Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Is that your site? Just noticed your avatar is all, they will be extremely helpful and very informative, appreciate the comment

Comment

Reds line up, no colours just reds, it's great to get your arm going, I still do it, when my timings out or I'm just having a bad time. Fantastic routine to get your confidence back.
          This is how you play darts ,MVG two nines in the same match!
          https://youtu.be/yqTGtwOpHu8

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
            Reds line up, no colours just reds, it's great to get your arm going, I still do it, when my timings out or I'm just having a bad time. Fantastic routine to get your confidence back.
            I like this one INE, think I might write it down.

It's similar to just throwing reds around and potting them to loosen your arm.

Comment

Originally Posted by Shockerz View Post
              I like this one INE, think I might write it down.

It's similar to just throwing reds around and potting them to loosen your arm.
              I take no credit for it Shockerz, it's one of J6s , great routine.

Comment

Has anyone tried the snooker gym practise guru app?? Looks really good, I've got the app but haven't paid for the add ons yet.

Comment

The Ding app is ok and it's free. I am always on the look out for different routines, completely stuck trying to do a sequential line up just now, think that's harder than doing a 147 on it.
                  Last edited by itsnoteasy; 19 February 2017, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks shockerz for posting these routines up mate.

Comment

Originally Posted by itsnoteasy View Post
                      The Ding app is ok and it's free. I am always on the look out for different routines, completely stuck trying to do a sequential line up just now, think that's harder than doing a 147 on it.
                      Just downloaded it, cost 99p but worth it got good instructions and drills, between that and shockerz I'm set! Cheers guys

Comment

Originally Posted by Millzee View Post
                        Is that your site? Just noticed your avatar is all, they will be extremely helpful and very informative, appreciate the comment
                        Yep. It's early days but I will be adding information as I go.

I stuck the 15 reds one on their last night as it looks nice and simple to loosen your arm up.

I will be looking for a few more soon so I can share them.

Comment

Originally Posted by Scottythegeordie View Post
                          Thanks shockerz for posting these routines up mate.
                          No problem mate, hope they help.

Comment

Working...
                          X