Another Snooker forum newbie!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Snooker forum newbie!

Good site this! Lots of useful info. Been playing just over a year now in Eastbourne and loving the game. I was a golfer but due to injuries and never having the time to play anymore I needed a sport I could play in the evenings.
    I practice as much as I can (and more than most!) and have taught myself via YouTube videos and all's going well! Had my first 40+ break today so I rewarded myself and ordered a custom spec Crispian Jones cue! I'm very tall and all that I've read and seen about Crispian I'm going to receive a cracking cue in about 6 months that will actually fit! I've done a lot of research over the last few weeks into cue makers and some of these guys are on another planet when it comes to prices and waiting times! I currently have a 59" Phoenix cue with tape wrapped around the butt to build it up to 32mm! And before anybody asks it's balance point is at 17! It just looks naff!!!
    Anyway just wanted to say 'Hi' from sunny Eastbourne!

Originally Posted by bigpga View Post
    Good site this! Lots of useful info. Been playing just over a year now in Eastbourne and loving the game. I was a golfer but due to injuries and never having the time to play anymore I needed a sport I could play in the evenings.
    I practice as much as I can (and more than most!) and have taught myself via YouTube videos and all's going well! Had my first 40+ break today so I rewarded myself and ordered a custom spec Crispian Jones cue! I'm very tall and all that I've read and seen about Crispian I'm going to receive a cracking cue in about 6 months that will actually fit! I've done a lot of research over the last few weeks into cue makers and some of these guys are on another planet when it comes to prices and waiting times! I currently have a 59" Phoenix cue with tape wrapped around the butt to build it up to 32mm! And before anybody asks it's balance point is at 17! It just looks naff!!!
    Anyway just wanted to say 'Hi' from sunny Eastbourne!
    Hi Bigpga. Another ex-golfer eh, there's a few on here, golf and snooker are both dead ball games!

If you've had a 40 already you should do well.

You'll certainly find the costs are much less than new clubs every few years so you should get off to a good start with a cue from Crispian.
    Snooker Crazy - Cues and Equipment Sales Website
    Snooker Crazy - Facebook Page
    Snooker Crazy - You Tube Channel

Comment

Welcome to TSF :snooker:

Good luck with your new cue .
      Still trying to pot as many balls as i can !

Comment

Welcome to TSF . :snooker:

Comment

Working...
        X